What's new

Going to Chicago - smoke/cigar friendly??

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I'm not looking to meet up* and smoke as I've got a killer schedule for a HUGE tradeshow next week (IMTS) but it's been two years since I've been to Chi-town and I'm wanting to know if Chicago is smoke/cigar friendly, etc. I plan on bringing a few smokes in my travel humi and hopefully finding time to smoke a stogie, probably will be late at night. I'm staying at the Drake, also have an evening planned at the rooftop of ZED 451, so hopefully I can smoke at those two places.

Appreciate any input!

*no offense to anyone in Chicago - if this was a "leisurely" business trip it would be great to get around and meet some others, hit some good bars, B&M's, etc. But I've got a full schedule from breakfast meetings all the way to late dinners...if I actually find time (1.5 hrs) to smoke it will amaze me!

Kurtdesign1

The Thinker
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
No smokie in Chi town...

There are a few clubs & shops but they're few & far between & I know of nothing downtown that is open to the public. It's too bad you don't have free time & a car. My smoking room is always open :)

Kurtdesign1

The Thinker
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Oh, even though you'll be on rooftops you may not be allowed. Foodservice locations & the exterior do not equal smoke friendly in many cases here. Sorry.

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Find a Cigar bar you like or stay 15 ft away from any building now in Chicago. Those are your 2 options. And I think The Cigar bars can not sell liquor.
Hope this helps Jbill from south burbs of Chi town

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Well OK then...that's a boot right up my backside!!!

Thank you guys for responding (and for the smoking room offer!)...I was there two years ago and at a hospitality event on the patio of the Museum of Modern Art (or something similar) cigars were passed out and we smoked....guess things have changed...bummer!

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
try Ditkas rest looks like he still has a cigar bar upstairs prob no booze. I read the lineup.
"According to Ditka's cigar concierge Octavio Arzola, the restaurant is "very serious" about the cigars it offers. "We always have a hard-to-find selection and we don't have limitations on how many cigars you can buy, even on our [Fuente Fuente] OpusX, like some other places in town," he said. The OpusX will run you $50. Some of the other pricier cigars on the list include the Ashton Virgin Sun Grown Corona Gorda ($35) and the Hoyo de Monterrey Excalibur Prensado ($20), but there are a wide selection of Partagas, Davidoff, Dunhill, Macanudo, Montecristos and others from which to choose starting at $10"
Mike Ditka's
100 East Chestnut Street
Tremont Hotel
Chicago, Illinois
(312) 587-8989

JBILL