What's new

going to wedding need to pick up a box but no time to age

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I've heard RASS is very good ROTT now. But, that's only what I've heard, I haven't tried them. Every CC I've had lately has had at least 1.5 years of age on it.

BEN(SWEDEN)

Bockbrännarbolmers
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I think at the moment most ccs are good rott. Genereally I say ALL Cohiba needs time....and time is not 3 years!

Trinidad Robusto T is the boest cigar imo if you want to be sure.

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
Depdns on which shop you go to in the terminal. They seem to have different stuff. There's a few boxes of some 10-15 yr old stuff. I don't recall the brands, I think Punch or HdM. They were cabs.

I'd recommend the jar of H.Upmann noellas or PSD4s or the RyJ Short Churchills.

From what I've found the more popular regular production stuff is always pretty fresh. Things like PSD4s, PSD2s,Montes, RyJs. Look at some of the other brands like HdM, Bolivar, RA, Bolivar and Punch and you'll find some stuff that's got some age. And in the main lines like partagas, montecristo and RyJ look at things besides the big sellers for thing with age.

Don't be afraid to spend a few minutes picking up boxes and looking at the dates

I picked up a box of boli gold medals from aug 07 in dec.

Lastly, what butthole country are you in and exactly where are you.

I'm in AFG and currently at FOB Walton but stationed at LNK. Going to Dubai myself in a mere 21 days. Just passed through on 16APR2012 so I know there's stuff there worth buying.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey man thanks for the info, I go through there every 90 days - 30 days and see a lot of stuff but I don't know about most CC's in there and their staff is unknowledgeable about most. I have purchase a box of something every time i come through and even green village in Kabul has a decent selection if your ever in that AO. I think that I should get a smaller vitola as its a wedding and most wont sit and smoke for more than 45 minutes. I'll peruse both shops that have the walk ins and find something with age on it... I am picking up some PSD4, RA and any LE I may find for my self. I have seen those cabs of HdM at the top left of the shop and yeah would be nice for me lol I would hate to see people wasting great smokes, as I am sure most guests aren't going to be smokers. its the Wife's family that is getting married so I don't really know most there and just being nice is all. Ill definitely be pilfering through the boxes for something aged like you said.

oh and I am up in gardez

stay safe

Hot_Sauce

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
For a short quick smoke I'd get some Boli Coronas JR's

Smoke great when young and only get better with age

BMack

Some say I'm a dreamer...
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
If I was smoking a CC that was new, I wouldn't TOUCH Bolivar, Cohiba or Partagas...and I love those brands.

The best, younger CCs(in my opinion) are made by Ramon Allones and Por Larranaga.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
ill have to see what duty free has in stock but i know they had a lot of trinidad robusto instock when i came through last and i am guessing rass is the ramon allones special selection?
That is correct.

I just smoked an RyJ Short Churchill from 2010, would be very nice for somebody that isn't used to cigars, not very much age required. Also got a box of Partagas Aristocrats with just under a year on them, and I'm REALLY enjoying them. They were $70/bx, small but lasted over an hour for me.

Anyway, the guys are right, see what you can find hiding on the shelves. :) Just don't break your bank buying high end cigars for people that won't even know what their smoking.

mk05

It is what it is
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
look for cigars people dont smoke often and you might find a nice box code (like QdO corona, RG CE). ELs with a couple years like upmann 48s, PL and monte GEs are easy to find and great.

for fresh, in the last several months were monte 4, edmundos, hu mag 46.

and you could play safe and get the RA Extras and HdM petit piramides - although I would caution against smoking HdMs young. They do change drastically.

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
look for cigars people dont smoke often and you might find a nice box code (like QdO corona, RG CE). ELs with a couple years like upmann 48s, PL and monte GEs are easy to find and great.

for fresh, in the last several months were monte 4, edmundos, hu mag 46.

and you could play safe and get the RA Extras and HdM petit piramides - although I would caution against smoking HdMs young. They do change drastically.
Yep, I agree. I scored a box of El Rey Del Mundo at my local B&M and they are from 2008. I frakking love them.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Well i got crazy and bought a bunch of stuff lol...

2006 bolivar gold medals
09 trinidad robusto T (which is what i donated to the wedding)
h uppman mag 48 EL
RYJ EL

thanks for all the advise guys the wedding was actually fun and grooms dad loved the smokes.. I ended up giving the rest of the box to him with a boveda pack as he doesnt have a humidor.