What's new

*good* air purifier

pdonlin

aka Tumbleweed
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
This might be the impossible task, but I would like to be able to smoke in my computer room and 1) not have the smell/smoke exit the room and 2) not have a smell lingering afterwards.

Is there such a purifier? Do people use the generic ones out there like Orek or some HEPA filter? Looking for any recommendations, expecially if its thru experience.

Help me smoke while I'm feeding my World of Warcraft addiction! :smokingbo

N2Advnture

Loyal to a fault...
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
I currently use the Csonka and it works very well but is pricey. I am currently testing a much more affordable unit about $50 for rooms and $30 for vehicles.

Also, I am adding a new product in the next week that is VERY exciting!

www.pureayre.com

It's COMPLETELY food safe! NO other product on the market has this distinction, so it's safe to spray right on you (great for after herfs).

I believe the Dog Watch Social Club is going to be doing an interview with the maker for this week's show.

~M

jcgoldner

Jan '06 BoM
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
That stuff sounds to good to be true! I'm going to try a bottle when you get it in Mark. Keep us posted please.

N2Advnture

Loyal to a fault...
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
jcgoldner said:
That stuff sounds to good to be true! I'm going to try a bottle when you get it in Mark. Keep us posted please.
I had a VERY interesting conversation with the head guy last night.

This stuff does seem too good to be true. Unbelieveable stuff he was telling me people use it for.

1 kid used it by turning the open air vents on his parent's car and sprayed it into the air intake. He let the vents run for a few mintues and it cleaned out the vent system and the car.

Why did he do this? To hide his smoking habit from his parents. He was able to do this for 3 months before his parents caught him. THIS is what gave me the idea for carrying for our use!

Also, Bob from Dogwatch apparently sprayed it in the bottom of a used Stinky ashtray and it completely removed any smell!

Can't wait to get it and use it.

~M

Eric

Staff member
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
Smoking in a computer room isn't a wise choice as far as your equipment goes. This comes from experience.

Also be careful of most air purifiers and ionizers as a majority have been proven to be nothing but junk. If there was a wonder solution, then the question wouldn't be such a recurring one.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I have to agree with Vipe. I have virtually tried them all in ofice spaces with little luck. The ionizers are OK but in a small space my you jumpy. Tried the Sharper Image machine with little success., Bionaire blah. Nothing like a good exhaust system in a lounge. I'm reverse engineering. I added satellite, dsl port and pc to my lounge along with the plasma and surround sound. Bring the work to where I can smoke.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
:rofl:

Nice solution!

IME an exhaust system of some sort is your best bet.

Ehaust fan in the ceiling.
Fan in the window.
Industrial air exchange and filtration system. :dunno:

Havanaaddict

Mr. Salomones
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Wasch_24 said:
:rofl:

Nice solution!

IME an exhaust system of some sort is your best bet.

Ehaust fan in the ceiling.
Fan in the window.
Industrial air exchange and filtration system. :dunno:
Ehaust fan in the ceiling is the way to go with a Living air classic

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Yeah the problem is with most of the small things is that even if they suck the smoke out of the air it lingers long enough to stick to your furniture etc so the smell doesn't go away. But maybe with the spray you can counteract that part.

pdonlin

aka Tumbleweed
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
vipe said:
Smoking in a computer room isn't a wise choice as far as your equipment goes. This comes from experience.

Also be careful of most air purifiers and ionizers as a majority have been proven to be nothing but junk. If there was a wonder solution, then the question wouldn't be such a recurring one.
I have worked on smokers computers before and even after it sat for over a day in the garage working on it REAKED of cigs. Apparently they smoked about a pack of day and were on their computer alot. The menthol stench filled the room and stuck to ya when touching the tower... ick...

The new computer I just got done building is a beast and has alot of air flow thru it... which kinda discourages me even more. Guess smoking with no scent is really just a dream.

On the bright side, the rec room / lounge I'm building now has a powerful exhaust fan so I would be able to smoke and use the computer there... its just not nearly the same on the lappy vs the desktop. Now, if I just would get off my arse and finish muding the dryway :blob: