What's new

Good budget pipe?

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
So, I've smoked a pipe on and off for several years now, but I've never spent more than about $15 on a pipe. I've always had a hot draw, no matter how I pack it. With further investigation, my pipes are all rosewood rather than briar, which means rather than dissipate the heat, it holds it in the bowl. ANYWAY, I said all that to say this, I want to get a new Briar wood pipe, but I'll admit my extreme ignorance when it comes to purchasing a pipe. So, I'm coming to you guys! What is a good new pipe for around $60 roughly?

I saw someone mention Peterson, should that be the direction I take, or are there better pipes for a few dollars more? Anyway, let me know guys! :)

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
I would check your local B&M's for estate pipes. As long as you don't mind used pipes that are cleaned thoroughly you can get a heck of a deal.

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
I've always been a fan of Nording. Especially the rustic looking stuff. You might have to shell out a little more if you want something really nice, but you can probably find something for around your budget. Especially if you're willing to go the used route.

Boom...quick Google search yielded this: http://www.milantobacco.com/erik_nording_signature_rustic_pipes.htm

Have no idea about the reputation of the place, but just an example of what's out there.

Dan

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I've always been a fan of Nording. Especially the rustic looking stuff. You might have to shell out a little more if you want something really nice, but you can probably find something for around your budget. Especially if you're willing to go the used route.

Boom...quick Google search yielded this: http://www.milantobacco.com/erik_nording_signature_rustic_pipes.htm

Have no idea about the reputation of the place, but just an example of what's out there.

Dan
Oooooo, one of those will be next purchase, heh.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Lots of good pipes in that range, some other makes that have pipes priced in that range Savinelli, Bjarne, LaRocca, Viking, Eriksen. I have at least one pipe from each of these makers and they are all good smokers. For a custom made pipe give Dan at Boswells Pipes a call, their pipes are very afordable

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Lots of good pipes in that range, some other makes that have pipes priced in that range Savinelli, Bjarne, LaRocca, Viking, Eriksen. I have at least one pipe from each of these makers and they are all good smokers. For a custom made pipe give Dan at Boswells Pipes a call, their pipes are very afordable
Awesome, thanks much! I checked out Boswells online, they are having server issues though so I couldn't see very many pictures. Some very interesting looking pipes though, from what I could see.

Herfin' Harg

BoM March 2012
Rating - 100%
142   0   0
I have a handful of estate pipes, and one of the nording signatures similar to what dan posted.

Frankly, I still don't know what I'm doing with them, but I do really enjoy the way the nording feels in my hand and seems to smoke better than my others.

I know that's not terribly helpful, but that's what I've got.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I have a handful of estate pipes, and one of the nording signatures similar to what dan posted.

Frankly, I still don't know what I'm doing with them, but I do really enjoy the way the nording feels in my hand and seems to smoke better than my others.

I know that's not terribly helpful, but that's what I've got.
Lol, works for me. I've got several pipes, but I bought them when I knew even less than I do now about pipes, which isn't much. So, they are close on worthless. :(

Rating - 98.6%
98   1   0
Here's my stash of pipes, which I don't smoke much of these days. Actually looking to thin the herd a little bit, so shoot me a PM about any of them if you would like. As you can tell, I'm a big rustic Nording fan. One of the best pipes out there, IMO.

Josh.CHI

The Dude abides
Rating - 81.8%
10   2   0
Bump. I am looking into pipes for when I don't have the Time to commit to a Cigar. I will probably spend around $50 - 80 on a Pipe... unless there is one out there that costs less that isnt a waste of money. Any pipe smokers stillout there?

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Us pipe smokers are still here its just I tend to smoke more cigars in the summer, but pipe season is coming! Lots of pipes out there in the $50 to $80 range. Savinelli, Bjarne, LaRocca, Viking, Eriksen, Boswell and other all have lower price pipes in their lines. Sticking with one of the better known brands lessens the chance of getting a pipe thats improperly drilled or poorly constructed.

Rating - 100%
112   0   0
Bump. I am looking into pipes for when I don't have the Time to commit to a Cigar. I will probably spend around $50 - 80 on a Pipe... unless there is one out there that costs less that isnt a waste of money. Any pipe smokers stillout there?
Savinelli and peterson usually have well made pipes in the price range. I prefer Peterson but that's just my opinion

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I prefer my Peterson and will likely get another at some point. I have a Nording that is really nice with a large bowl for longer smokes. Either of these would be a good way to go in my opinion. Good luck in your search!

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
I've got half a dozen pipes in the $50-$75 range... All fairly common brands, most mentioned above...

The one I smoke probably 90% of the time is a Viking that my wife bought me for fathers day probably 5 years ago.. Great looking, smokes exceptionally well, etc... Was a great buy at $65..

I don't even pick up my custom meerschaum that I've been smoking for over a decade much anymore...the Viking has become my go to pipe for almost all occasions...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At smokingpipes.com or pipesandcigars.com you can get a good quality briar pipe for well under $60. Those guys are awesome. Be sure you get a quality pipe. Going cheap will diminish the experience!

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
I still love my LaRocca and it is in that price range. Another ten dollars though and you can get a descent Savinelli.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 while getting a blumpkin!