What's new

Good news!

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
As some of you know, it’s been a rough ride for me and my family lately, financially speaking. I have been out of work for the better part of a year and a half, scraping together odd jobs and a few consulting jobs here and there.

But now there’s good news….and more good news! :grin:

I have accepted an offer with a large cable provider. Although the pay isn’t fantastic and the commute will be like chewing on broken glass, it’s a blessing and I am happy to be soon collecting a regular paycheck. There is also the possibility of commission, so I will go in with a positive attitude and do my best.

The ‘more good news’ is that I interviewed for another position with a smaller company very close to my home during the same week that I interviewed with the cable company.

The other job offers better salary, and it’s a marketing position which means I’d be doing what I enjoy and what I am good at. Plus less wear and tear/gas $$, and I’d have more regular hours meaning much more time with the family.

I have a few weeks until the cable gig starts, and I am supposed to be going back for another round of interviews for the marketing job (hopefully) within that time frame.

I would very much appreciate any prayers and/or good thoughts on the marketing job to come through. :angel:

I fully realize and appreciate that the cable job IS a Blessing, and I am very appreciative. However, there are so many reasons why the marketing job would be better.

Just glad to finally see a light at the end of the tunnel. :thumbsup:

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Oh man... awesome. Good thoughts and prayers with you, brother! Hope the closer, better position works out. If not, great that you will have something at all, and gives you an easier, less tense go of finding a closer/better job.

Just think... long commute=great time to have a cigar! LOL

JLB

Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Congrats man! I work for a cable company up here and love it! Not sales though. Good luck on your future career man.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Grats man, I hope everything works out for you. This job market has been hell on allot of people, it's great to see it start turning around for you.

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
That's great news!!!

The marketing job sounds awesome as well. I'll be praying for the right outcome for you.

Rupe

LittleMoe

Bald,Fat and Proud
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
AWESOME News !!! I have been in your shows, and i know first hand finding a decent job feels like after being out of a job !!!! You and your family will be in our prayers !!!!! The BEST of luck my friend !!!