What's new

Goose Island 2010 Bourbon County Stout

PLUSH

Some random brother
Rating - 100%
231   0   0
Ok, got my hands of 3! of these. That is all they would sell me.

I paid $6 a bottle (12 oz).

First off this poured like some heavy syrup. I had heard it was dark but hearing that really does it no justice. I have had "dark" beers before but this was freaking Black. The pour revealed very little head, I was surprised. There was only the faintest of light chocolate color around the sides of my glass (as pic shows). The nose had hints of black cherries and being stored in bourbon barrels. Very oaky sweet first rush on the tongue and palate. It feels very thick. Kind of strange getting used too at first. It was chocolate, molasses, and bourbon with hints of caramel and vanilla. Others have said that they find the alcohol (13 ABV) "hot" since it is so new. Myself, being a Scotch drinker for the most part I found it quite refreshing.

I paired it with a Padron 40th. They both went together quite nicely.

As I am half way done I still cant get over the "thickness" of this beer. It is creamy on the palate.

I have had some other offerings from Goose Island when I used to travel to Chicago several years ago. This was my first at this particular line. If I could I would pick up some more. I would also love to try the vanilla version but they are harder to find.

They both can be found on eBay but for a large premium.

Oh yeah, the Padron was amazing also.

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
I almost picked up some on Friday when I was in NY. I had already stuck a ton of stuff in my cart so I passed on it. I guess it wasn't super popular at Wegmans in Geneva NY.

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Ok, got my hands of 3! of these. That is all they would sell me.

I paid $6 a bottle (12 oz).

First off this poured like some heavy syrup. I had heard it was dark but hearing that really does it no justice. I have had "dark" beers before but this was freaking Black. The pour revealed very little head, I was surprised. There was only the faintest of light chocolate color around the sides of my glass (as pic shows). The nose had hints of black cherries and being stored in bourbon barrels. Very oaky sweet first rush on the tongue and palate. It feels very thick. Kind of strange getting used too at first. It was chocolate, molasses, and bourbon with hints of caramel and vanilla. Others have said that they find the alcohol (13 ABV) "hot" since it is so new. Myself, being a Scotch drinker for the most part I found it quite refreshing.

I paired it with a Padron 40th. They both went together quite nicely.

As I am half way done I still cant get over the "thickness" of this beer. It is creamy on the palate.

I have had some other offerings from Goose Island when I used to travel to Chicago several years ago. This was my first at this particular line. If I could I would pick up some more. I would also love to try the vanilla version but they are harder to find.

They both can be found on eBay but for a large premium.

Oh yeah, the Padron was amazing also.

This is an amazing beer.

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Great beer...if you thought that one was good, wait till you try the BCS Rare aged 2yrs in 23yo Pappy van Winkle casks. $45 a bottle! I can't seem to hunt any down myself.
There is a line for me with cigars and beer. $45 for 22oz is way past that line. I feel I make some bad ass big stouts, I'd rather make 6 gallons and age it on my own for six years. The cost would be $70 at most for the batch and you'd have about 5-5.5 gallons of finished product.

PLUSH

Some random brother
Rating - 100%
231   0   0
There is a line for me with cigars and beer. $45 for 22oz is way past that line. I feel I make some bad ass big stouts, I'd rather make 6 gallons and age it on my own for six years. The cost would be $70 at most for the batch and you'd have about 5-5.5 gallons of finished product.

Well, if it is this good send me some. I'll pay you that $70.

kockroach

BoM August 2010/2011
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
Great beer...if you thought that one was good, wait till you try the BCS Rare aged 2yrs in 23yo Pappy van Winkle casks. $45 a bottle! I can't seem to hunt any down myself.
It hasn't come out yet. Should be first week or so of December....that's what I was told.

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Well, if it is this good send me some. I'll pay you that $70.
You can have a bottle or two of my first big stout that will be served for christmas this year. I have another that is already going that will be for christmas next year. My first big one was 14%ish and my second should finish up near 16%ish. It's sitting with oak right now for the next six months.