What's new

Got a new job!

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
So I haven't been employed in a paid position for just over 7 years now. I've been volunteering and staying home with the kids. But as of tomorrow I'll be working for the base chapel here as the "Protestant Religious Education Coordinator" (basically an associate pastor). So officially I'm a DoD contractor, lol. My first job working for "the man."

Not entirely sure what the job will entail, since I'm working with them to reorganize everything. I think it's just part-time, but that's okay because I still need to take care of the kids. Basically I'm going to help out the Chaplains in whatever ways they need--military chaplains are insanely over-worked. Preaching, teaching, leading worship, coordinating volunteers for Sunday School and various events, and probably other stuff too. But first we have to reorganize everything.

I'm pretty excited!

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Thanks for all the kind words, guys! When we moved the first time for the Air Force, I looked for work and couldn't find anything, so just volunteered. It was very strange to not have a "regular" job. Then being a stay-home-dad was really tough, but still not a "regular" job. I think it's going to be weird to get back into the swing of things, but I'm excited too.

Congrats and good luck Nate. Burn any of those Tower 45th yet?
I actually just grabbed my first one out of the box, will try it this week. I usually let Viajes rest for several months, but can't hold out any longer on these :)

JuYcEmAn

¡Soy un esnob de Fuente!
Rating - 96.9%
37   1   0
Congratulations, Nate! You sound very excited; I'm glad for you! This calls for a celebration; let me know what you want to try and I'll send you a "care package"!

carholio

Carl
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Congrats. After being Mr. mom and doing volunteer work for the last 7 years this new gig will probably seem easy. Good luck to you.