What's new

Got a question

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Hey guys my girlfriend is writing a paper for a college class on website communities so she is using botl. As she says the 1 and only time I will ever be interested in your cigars! Anyways the one thing I can't find is how the site was created and how it started. Can anyone fill me in?

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
Hey guys my girlfriend is writing a paper for a college class on website communities so she is using botl. As she says the 1 and only time I will ever be interested in your cigars! Anyways the one thing I can't find is how the site was created and how it started. Can anyone fill me in?
Originally posted by Eric:

BOTL.org was born on May 28th, 2004

I registered the domain with the intent of having a huge network and free hosting for each city/region/state/country to have their own website for herf listings, local cigar info, etc.

In June, the first use of the domain was http://houston.botl.org in which hosted a page for the herf that month.

Fast-forward to October/November of 2004 when the my (then) home cigar community, was having alot of server problems. Even while the forums were down, the IRC chat room would usually still be working as it was on a different server. David and I had by that time done several box splits, spent alot of time conversing in the chat room and become good friends.

In late November, early December - I commented to David that I should throw a forum up on BOTL so we could have a place to post. David basically agreed and pushed me to go ahead with it. Thus, on December 3rd, 2004 the forums were born...

derek

An OG with low post count
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
and many men and woman have felt at home since!

smokinafuente

This space for rent.
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Martinsburg, WV ...Home of the Martinsburg Mafia.
Originally posted by Eric:

BOTL.org was born on May 28th, 2004

I registered the domain with the intent of having a huge network and free hosting for each city/region/state/country to have their own website for herf listings, local cigar info, etc.

In June, the first use of the domain was http://houston.botl.org in which hosted a page for the herf that month.

Fast-forward to October/November of 2004 when the my (then) home cigar community, was having alot of server problems. Even while the forums were down, the IRC chat room would usually still be working as it was on a different server. David and I had by that time done several box splits, spent alot of time conversing in the chat room and become good friends.

In late November, early December - I commented to David that I should throw a forum up on BOTL so we could have a place to post. David basically agreed and pushed me to go ahead with it. Thus, on December 3rd, 2004 the forums were born...

And here I thought that you two were just ban from every where else.

:rofl: