What's new

Got my buck back

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
There will be a cigar pic coming soon (if i can fit one in his mouth)
HAHA. Don't ruin it but it would be funny to see anyway. I always told my father that when I get an opportunity to get out and hunt and I get a nice Long Island buck, I'm hanging his head in the living room and decorating him for the holidays. Specifically, Christmas. Hang lights and Christmas ornaments from his rack.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
HAHA. Don't ruin it but it would be funny to see anyway. I always told my father that when I get an opportunity to get out and hunt and I get a nice Long Island buck, I'm hanging his head in the living room and decorating him for the holidays. Specifically, Christmas. Hang lights and Christmas ornaments from his rack.
I absolutely plan on doing that this coming xmas (even though I want nothing to do with snow right now)

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
HAHA awesome! Well I see your avatar, so yeah I'd be done with the snow too. There's still some here floating around on the Island. It needs to be gone!
I'm sure your pretty similar, but I see we are supposed to be in the high 60s on Thursday and then snowing again on Saturday night.. It needs to be gone for good

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I'm sure your pretty similar, but I see we are supposed to be in the high 60s on Thursday and then snowing again on Saturday night.. It needs to be gone for good
Yup, mother nature needs to take her meds and get back on track already. It snowed a little bit today and then rained. So, something has to give!

Rating - 100%
129   0   0
Out of curiosity, what does "his" taxidermist charge for shoulder mounts? Just curious on the differences in various parts of the country.

Rating - 100%
129   0   0
That's pretty good pricing. In Texas, a basic shoulder mount at a reputable taxi will run around $600. Start doing wall pedestals or full pedestal mounts, price jumps up quickly. Looks really good!

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
That's pretty good pricing. In Texas, a basic shoulder mount at a reputable taxi will run around $600. Start doing wall pedestals or full pedestal mounts, price jumps up quickly. Looks really good!
Depends on who you go to around here. There's 1 store off the bat that has a legit shop along the highway and he also butchers. And there's some others who really don't advertise as much and go by word of mouth of fellow sportsmen to get their work done.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks guys.... my mount cost me $540, he's a tad higher than most taxidermist around here ($500 is the usual average) but the extra $40 was well worth it, and like I said before, he's got me as a customer for life now.
And in case you were wondering, I saw a full turkey strutting mount there and he said he charges around $650.