What's new

Got some pipe tobacco with some cigars noob

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
That's some good tobacco. Still puzzled why someone would send it to you with no means of smoking it.
Idk I looked through the box and found no pipe but definitely gonna have to get a pipe because I’ve smoked about ever small stick I’ve had and I’m not trying to stand outside for a hour plus. Today I smoked that Johnny o in about 35 minutes and pitched it a little early prob had 10 more minutes left on it but I was frozen, so after really looking at these tobaccos and smelling them I think I really might like the pipe. A good 15-20 minute smoke and I’ll be happy. So gonna call the shop tomorrow to see if they have any cobs, not sure if they do because I’ve never seen any tobacco pipes there only glass pipes.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
It is odd someone sent tobacco, good tobacco at that, to someone who isn't already a pipe smoker without sending a cob too. Amazon isn't going to age verify like a tobacco site may. You can order everything below with 2 day prime shipping for less than $20 and then use a soft flame (bic) lighter or or matches to light. I'd recommend watching a bunch of youtube videos on how to pack, light, and smoke a pipe while you wait on the pipe to deliver. There are a bunch of good ones out there.

Cob: https://www.amazon.com/Missouri-Meerschaum-Legend-Tobacco-Avenue/dp/B00735KXN4/ref=sr_1_4_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1548251971&sr=8-4&keywords=cob+pipe&th=1

Pipe Cleaners: https://www.amazon.com/Zen-Bundles-Pipe-Cleaners-Count/dp/B01N2JJAXC/ref=sr_1_21?ie=UTF8&qid=1548252119&sr=8-21&keywords=pipe+cleaners&th=1

Pipe Tamper: https://www.amazon.com/HUELE-Tobacco-Smoking-Stainless-Cleaning/dp/B073JMJZFC/ref=sr_1_6_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1548252250&sr=8-6&keywords=pipe+tamper

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
So last night I couldn’t sleep so I thought screw it im gonna try the pipe in my dorm. Everyone smokes the green in their rooms so I hooked up my fan to the window and tried the pipe and just couldn’t get it to keep going had to light it every hit almost.

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
So last night I couldn’t sleep so I thought screw it im gonna try the pipe in my dorm. Everyone smokes the green in their rooms so I hooked up my fan to the window and tried the pipe and just couldn’t get it to keep going had to light it every hit almost.
It’s that way for most everyone at first. DON’T GIVE UP!! I’d say your problem is more than likely due to the way you packed the tobacco. I mostly use the “Frank Method” of packing my pipes and it works well for me. Do a search on YouTube for “The Frank Method for packing a pipe” and watch those videos. They helped me out a lot. Hope this helps.

Jody

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
+1 on the Frank method. Keep it looser if your tobacco is more wet, pack it a bit tighter if its dry but you still dont want to overpack. Ideally there wont be as much resistance to the draw as with a cigar. And its VERY important that your tobacco has the right moisture level. The cavendish youll probably need to leave out for a while if its aromatic, those tend to be packed wetter than non-aros

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
I am notorious for speed packing driving and at work. Pinch and push LOL. Stays burning most times.

Stupid Tapatalk
I should also note that when I pinch and push its in a cob or shop briar that I’m not gonna be super bummed if I burn it out.

Stupid Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
So today I tried it again and had it successfully going for about 25-30 minutes. My biggest thing was to know when it’s burnt through and finished. I tried the golden flake I had and it worked well. I didn’t taste much difference in the first tobacco I tried and the flake. I also found its much easier on the smell in the room and goes away faster then cigar smoke smell.