What's new

Great opening lines.....

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Back in the day when I lived in DFW, a classic rock station,KZPS, and more specifically, DJ John Dillon had a spot called great opening lines. He would have a contest in which he would say the first opening lines of a song and have people guess the song. I loved that deal. I consider myself a lyricist, in that, I'm anal about knowing the words to any song I like. So, songs like Red Barchetta from Rush, and tons from Pink Floyd fascinate me. I love lyrics. With that in mind I propose the same deal here. I'll start by posting an opening line, and someone else guesses it. If they guess correctly, they post an opening line. No googling the answers either. That wouldn't be fair.

I'll start it off, with rock being my main genre, more specifically classic rock, I'll lob an easy one to start

The talk on the street says you might go solo…

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
It is an Ever Clear song. I can't remember the name of the song I just remember hearing it before.
Ever clear is kinda of half right.

I picked it cause it has a cigar tie in I thought someone would pick it up instantly.

further into the song the lyrics are

Grandma has got an Uzi and it weighs a ton
Johnny Law has got her on the run.

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
My Uzi weighs a ton perhaps? I knew that was a reference to a song J. Drew liked growing up, but never heard it, nor do I even know the title. This is a wild ass guess. Lol