What's new

Greetings Brethren from Northern NJ.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all. I have been a cigar smoker/enthusiast now for over 22 years. Had my first stogie @ 22 (1992) while beating my brother at a round of golf. 3 kids later, my golf game has diminished into a faint memory like the warm summer days watching Derek Jeter perform some miracle on the diamond. BUT my cigar hobby has evolved and flourished into a wonderful journey that now brings me to the BOTL!! I am a student of the industry! I love to learn and experience the nuances of all types of cigars. Learning about the cigar industry has been an eye opener to say the least. From the planting of the seed to the finishing touches of the wrapper by the torcedor I have been obsessed with learning everything that goes into a good cigar. Great families like Fuentes and Padron to name a few are so steeped in tradition and passion for what they do on a daily bases it remains a direct connection to the past for the rest of the world. The economic diversity and dependence on this industry for central/south America is mind boggling!

Well I guess what I am trying to say is I am excited to continue this journey with all of you. I am not only a new BOTL but a life long SOTL (Student of the leaf).

God Bless

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all for the warm welcome. I just purchased what I assume will be the last humidor of my life. (Olde English tower humidor: 3500 capacity). I am obsessed with it to say the least and very happy with it so far. So far I have stockpiled a wide range varying from everyday to special occasion cigars. My palate definitely gravitates to everything Nicaraguan. Any suggestions on a must have?