What's new

Greetings from a New BOTL

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings to everyone! My name is Chris, and I'm currently at home in Kansas City, but most of the year I'm at college in Boston. Seminary, actually -- I'm studying for the Greek Orthodox priesthood, which I'd imagine makes me slightly unusual amongst the members here. I've been smoking cigars more and more frequently for the past few years, a habit which runs in the McQueeny family... as a kid my room was always littered with cigar boxes that my dad gave me.

Anyway, my cigar habit is now becoming something of a hobby, and hence I've been lurking on BOTL and various other cigar websites/forums and slowing gathering knowledge. At the moment I'm taking my first steps into Cuban waters -- inasmuch as my limited financial resources allow.

I recently got a sudden windfall of Cohibas -- my father was meeting with a client, admiring his well-stocked office humidor, and the guy gave him a handful. And of course I insisted on getting a few of them. They were everything I had expected from CCs -- construction and flavour a cut above most of what I'd had before, and I'm guessing they'd been aged as well. Naturally I went through those pretty quickly, so now I'm looking to buy more without breaking the bank. Hopefully someone here will have some recommendations.

Once again, greetings!

-Chris

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you everyone for your warm welcome!

Saully: I'd wager that I could come up with some tortured theological argument justifying it, but I've managed to dodge the vow of poverty for the moment. In the Orthodox Church the vows of poverty and celibacy are only required of monks, unlike in the Catholic Church.

Jetexas: No, thank goodness! The band, length, etc., all checked out with what I could find online, and certainly it was a premium cigar of some kind I was smoking, so I'm satisfied.

Altercall: I'm glad to see that I'm not a complete anomaly here. I have a good friend at the seminary who is a former Southern Baptist minister -- and an avid cigar smoker, incidentally.

Last edited: