What's new

Greetings from central Maryland.

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Welcome from Gaithersburg. You’re not too far from me. I see you’re a hunter as well. I mostly bow hunt Seneca Creek State Park and occasionally hunt Patuxent River SP during muzzleloader.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kevin7mm

Known Spammer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome from Gaithersburg. You’re not too far from me. I see you’re a hunter as well. I mostly bow hunt Seneca Creek State Park and occasionally hunt Patuxent River SP during muzzleloader.

Nice. Me and my buddies had hunted Seneca Creek area years ago when they first opened those areas up. It was bow only then. More recently we have a farm that we hunt in western Howard County that has crop damage permits. I haven't shot my bow or muzzleloader in years now. Shotgun from September until March when our butcher stops accepting deer. Its all doe only but in shotgun season we go after bucks.

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Nice. Me and my buddies had hunted Seneca Creek area years ago when they first opened those areas up. It was bow only then. More recently we have a farm that we hunt in western Howard County that has crop damage permits. I haven't shot my bow or muzzleloader in years now. Shotgun from September until March when our butcher stops accepting deer. Its all doe only but in shotgun season we go after bucks.
Nice. Only wish I had access to some private land.

kevin7mm

Known Spammer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice. Only wish I had access to some private land.

We did a crap ton of door knocking and offering services in trade for hunting permission. We even did a local paper add one time. We had success in finding places but the door knocking was like 50 to 1 success. Even then, the person that says yes usually didn't have a good piece of property so we ended up moving on anyway. After about 10 years of that we had about 3 good bow only properties and 1 that would allow shotgun. Persistence, that's all I can say.