What's new

Greetings from Milwaukee!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, new to the forum but I've been a cigar smoker for almost 8 years now. Living in Milwaukee, WI and loving life. I founded a cigar club with a bunch of buddies at our university several years ago, and we do a cigar/scotch pairing night once a year for the hell of it.

Looking forward to meeting some new friends on here!

r

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
:welcome: from Minnesota :waving:

Good to have another cheesehead here...GO PACK GO!!!

Rupe

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Hello from Oconomowoc!

I'm in town for the weekend until I have to return to Minneapolis sometime during the week. You'll probably find me at LCC.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks all!

@mwlabel - enjoy LCC...I've heard good things. I'm not out in that neighborhood, so I generally frequent Uhle's downtown. Great bunch of guys in there if you make it down that way.

As far as what I smoke, my humidors are a mixture of things. I've been to the past three CigarFests out in PA, so I've got a boatload of singles from those. My personal favorites are Fuente, Man o' War, Punch, and Romeo y Julietta, though I'm not as much a fan of their new Havoc line.

In particular, it doesn't get better than the Opus X Forbidden X. I've been fortunate enough to acquire a pair - one I smoked a few years ago and it was the best thing I've ever had the pleasure of. Second favorite is the MoW Ruination line. I really like the spice and the construction has been beautiful as well.

As I mentioned in my first post, I am a founding member of the Cigar and Pipe club at my alma mater here in Milwaukee. I got into cigars when I was in college, getting that started, and its been downhill ever since. At last count I'm up to six different humidors, including a custom cigar vault that I built from an antique Westinghouse refrigerator. I'll post pix of that conversion in the Storage forum when I have a few minutes this week. Thanks again for the welcome, looking forward to getting to know you all.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Welcome, Mil-Town, from Boston via Mequon. Lifer Cheesehead regardless of being in the Republik of Taxachusettes. Shakers is grandfathered in and the only public bar that is cigar legal. Enjoy.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Welcome, Mil-Town, from Boston via Mequon. Lifer Cheesehead regardless of being in the Republik of Taxachusettes. Shakers is grandfathered in and the only public bar that is cigar legal. Enjoy.
Shakers in Milwaukee, that is.