What's new

Greetings from NH

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to take the time to introduce ourselves...

Yes, we are a retailer. But we are also part of the brotherhood of cigar smokers. We are not here to solicit business, and if you feel we are overstepping our bounds let us know. What we are here for is to stay connected to the community and listen to what you have to say and take part of it. This forum account is run by me, Barry who use to run acigarsmoker.com and worked for Miami Cigar & Co.

We will be sharing podcasts and video from our radio show, TheCigarAuthority.com and we look forward to being a part of the community.
We wlll only pitch our shop if someone specifically asks WTB and we happen to have them.

We are glad to be a part of this community! See you around the forums!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The firecrackers by Pepin were originally made for our shop. We have since moved the manufacturing to another factory. So the answer is yes.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of the BOTL members just filled me in on the backstory. I hope to make any issues right over time. We all make mistakes and will do what it takes.

Smoqman

BoM Aug. 2014
Rating - 100%
278   0   0
More advertising.

How about just introducing yourself and stating what it is that you like, etc. like other new people? Instead of filling us in on your business, that you have a radio show etc. etc.-how about coming at it like a new BOTL?

And instead of waiting for the BOTL site owners to come to you, as a new business (who's already advertising for free on this site), why don't you go to them?

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
I hope to make any issues right over time. We all make mistakes and will do what it takes.

Im more interested in hearing about the owner of your shop making disparaging statements about BOTL in a podcast after one of the members here called to speak about the candy cigars the shop was selling at one time.. Not sure what you'll do to make that mistake right?

http://www.botl.org/community/forums/showthread.php/69112-Why-would-a-retailer-do-this?highlight=candy

podcast where the BOTL thread above is spoken about:

http://thecigarauthority.com/hand-rolled-cigars-and-3-smokin-cigar-bars/

Last edited:

ATL

BoM 10/12, 9/13, & 8/14
Rating - 100%
342   0   0
I hope to make any issues right over time. We all make mistakes and will do what it takes.

Im more interested in hearing about the owner of your shop making disparaging statements about BOTL in a podcast after one of the members here called to speak about the candy cigars the shop was selling at one time.. Not sure what you'll do to make that mistake right?

http://www.botl.org/community/forums/showthread.php/69112-Why-would-a-retailer-do-this?highlight=candy

podcast where the BOTL thread above is spoken about:

http://thecigarauthority.com/hand-rolled-cigars-and-3-smokin-cigar-bars/
I'd be interested in this as well.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll admit the way it was handled before wasn't the best. I'm a different person. Some of you knew me from acigarsmoker.com or Miami Cigar & Co. All I ask if you give me a fair shot to become a member of the community.
If you want me to delete this account, let me know.

D Quintero

Fumador
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
water under the bridge Bro .

you gotta lose that shill shop name and logo avatar though .

come up with personal handle i.e. be a regular schmo about it

imho

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
Thats not my call at all... and I wouldnt begin to suggest something like that... those types of decisions belong to the moderators and the admins only..

but.. in the interest of transparency... I did think it was both in your best interest.. and the best interest of the members that really value this place.. to put all of the cards on the table on the front end.. and let everyone knows who is who.. and the "history" shared between this board, some of its more prominent members, and 2 Guys Smoke Shop...... several of the new members have no knowledge of what transpired last year.. but several of us that have been around for a while are still left with a bit of a bad taste in our mouths... and while as a collective bunch I think we are for the most part forgiving... I dont think many of us are forgetful.. you should know it will be an uphill path to become an accepted member of the community among a certain group of us... that doesnt mean its not possible... or that a fair shot shouldnt be given... but.. for me (and I am assuming many others) it would take both time.. and a verifiable proven effort.. before I would think about doing business... or even consider simple communication or idea sharing on a personal level...

Im all for second chances... God knows I have needed to be given a few in my life....

But they dont come easy... and are certainly not handed out "just because"....

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
I do agree with D Quintero's post...

If you are coming to BOTL as an individual.. you should be judged on the merits you individually bring.. the shop should have nothing to do with the equation at all..

If you are in fact representing the shop however.. that changes everything.. and we go back to my post above..

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I already reached out to the owners requesting an advertising packet. As far as me, my name is Barry, Ive been a cigar smoker since 1998. In 2008 I began the cigar blog acigarsmoker.com before moving to Florida to work in the industry. It was here I became friends with Podman28 and became aware of BOTL via him. Before that my experience with Forums was with Cigar Live where I had over 1400 posts when it was bought by puff. To be honest I lost interest in the forums because I never wanted to start from zero. In my previous job working for a manufacturer I was on here, mostly reading and sharing press releases. It was hard to take part in conversation being i worked for company A and to comment on company B would of looked wrong.

So when I relocated to NH, I signed up because now I can take part of the community and comment as I see fit.

I enjoy cigar smoking above all else and usually pair my smokes with Ron Zacapa Rum. I am a huge hockey fan but also enjoy football and baseball. Musically give me my 80s metal and I am a happy guy. Not looking forward to my first winter back in the northeast and I miss all the girls with daddy issues tremendously in Miami.

Rating - 100%
67   0   0
Northwest Suburbs of the Windy City of Chicago
I do agree with D Quintero's post...

If you are coming to BOTL as an individual.. you should be judged on the merits you individually bring.. the shop should have nothing to do with the equation at all..

If you are in fact representing the shop however.. that changes everything.. and we go back to my post above..
+1

If you yourself are interested in becoming a piece of our great community, the best one out there, then IMO, and it's only mine, I would create a new handle/profile. 2guys honestly won't get any of my business, that's nothing to you, but it is what is. The shop surely ruffled some feathers here and it will be awhile I'd guess before it's blown over.

Just my 2 cents

Ducttapegonewild

Actual Size
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
I already reached out to the owners requesting an advertising packet. As far as me, my name is Barry, Ive been a cigar smoker since 1998. In 2008 I began the cigar blog acigarsmoker.com before moving to Florida to work in the industry. It was here I became friends with Podman28 and became aware of BOTL via him. Before that my experience with Forums was with Cigar Live where I had over 1400 posts when it was bought by puff. To be honest I lost interest in the forums because I never wanted to start from zero. In my previous job working for a manufacturer I was on here, mostly reading and sharing press releases. It was hard to take part in conversation being i worked for company A and to comment on company B would of looked wrong.

So when I relocated to NH, I signed up because now I can take part of the community and comment as I see fit.

I enjoy cigar smoking above all else and usually pair my smokes with Ron Zacapa Rum. I am a huge hockey fan but also enjoy football and baseball. Musically give me my 80s metal and I am a happy guy. Not looking forward to my first winter back in the northeast and I miss all the girls with daddy issues tremendously in Miami.
Well then, Barry, welcome, from the Great State of Texas!