What's new

Greetings from Singapore

Sandlotter

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dear all BOTL

Greetings here from Singapore. Been smoking for the past 6/7 years (first cigar much earlier) and just now starting to get a bit more focused so a bit of a late start

My go-to cigar for a quick weekly smoke is the Montecristo Petit Edmundo (normally keep a few boxes at the cigar lounge I frequent)

Stumbled onto BOTL while looking for cigar storage solutions, just had some time in Dubai recently and couldn't resist the La Casa in the Airport which brings me to my current situation... Hoping to find any brothers in the Asia region who have managed to successfully get their Wineadors going - most of the brands typically used are not available here though I am hearing back soon from Vinotemp who has an office in Hong Kong

Will keep the storage board posted if I find a good solution

Have a good one
JB

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
Hi JB,

:welcome: From Minnesota :waving:

Hopefully some of the Aussie brothers will be able to help. Glad to have you here!

Rupe

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi JB. I make it to Singapore once a year to visit some of the beautiful cigar lounges in Singapore. Do you smoke at the Conn. Divan, Olde Cuban or at Jimmy's? Welcome to BOTL.

PM me. I know a guy in Singapore who can find things....LEGALLY. Nothing shady. He might be able to point you in the right direction.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dear all BOTL

Greetings here from Singapore. Been smoking for the past 6/7 years (first cigar much earlier) and just now starting to get a bit more focused so a bit of a late start

My go-to cigar for a quick weekly smoke is the Montecristo Petit Edmundo (normally keep a few boxes at the cigar lounge I frequent)

Stumbled onto BOTL while looking for cigar storage solutions, just had some time in Dubai recently and couldn't resist the La Casa in the Airport which brings me to my current situation... Hoping to find any brothers in the Asia region who have managed to successfully get their Wineadors going - most of the brands typically used are not available here though I am hearing back soon from Vinotemp who has an office in Hong Kong

Will keep the storage board posted if I find a good solution

Have a good one
JB
Sandlotter, greetings from a fellow Singaporean. :) Unlike you though I'm just starting out, so I have plenty to learn from you!

Where do you normally get your smokes from? I got a box of 10 Partagas Serie D #4 and a can of Montecristo minis from Habanos today, found them to be fairly pricey. I also have 25 cigars ordered from Cigars of Habanos (coh-hk.com) currently stuck at customs. I'm waiting for them to send me a letter to go pay the taxes.

Anyways it's great to meet you, and I do hope to meet more Singaporeans here. :)

Sandlotter

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to meet you too

Hope I am not flouting any rules here, normally get mine from Connoisseur Divan / Emporium, run by the Pacific Cigar guys (who are the Habanos distributor for APAC so get a bit more comforted on handling etc...), also occasionally go to the Olde Cuban and less frequently La Casa, these places will help keep the sticks you buy off them so storage not an issue, also tend to smoke more at the cigar lounges than home

Find the sticks at airport duty-free sometimes not too well cared for but I do have a habit of buying whenever possible if travelling out for work to have at the hotel lounge

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to meet you too

Hope I am not flouting any rules here, normally get mine from Connoisseur Divan / Emporium, run by the Pacific Cigar guys (who are the Habanos distributor for APAC so get a bit more comforted on handling etc...), also occasionally go to the Olde Cuban and less frequently La Casa, these places will help keep the sticks you buy off them so storage not an issue, also tend to smoke more at the cigar lounges than home

Find the sticks at airport duty-free sometimes not too well cared for but I do have a habit of buying whenever possible if travelling out for work to have at the hotel lounge
That's a great idea! Next time I'm heading out I'll grab a few sticks from the duty free. Read a lot of good things about Con Divan and Olde Cuban too, hope to check them out soon. Need some like-minded people to go with though, very few people I know appreciate a good cigar!

I brought in two boxes from Cigars of Habanos (coh-hk.com). Had a very good experience with them. They shipped out the cigars for free a day after I ordered, and it was in SG within 4 days. Clearing customs at ICA was a breeze too, whole process took about 15 minutes. Tax+GST worked out to about S$4 per stick, so I managed to get Cohiba Secretos and Montecristo Petit Edmundos for about S$15 each.

You can also get Partagas Serie D #4s from COH for about S$15 inclusive of shipping and taxes, compared with the S$30 per stick I paid at Habanos in Suntec.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey pbear, I'll be on vacation in the first 2 weeks of August in Singapore and Malaysia. I'm one of those like-minded people to go with if you're interested. I'll be going to the cigar lounges anyways. It would be cool to meet some other brothers while I'm there. Cheers!