What's new

Greetings from The Great White North

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Brothers (and Sisters) Of The Leaf. I'm a long time pipe smoker just getting into cigars. I'm here to poke around and learn what I can as I slowly fill my humidor (tupperdor actually). My three main goals are:
1). Understand the different tobaccos and their flavor profiles.
2). Which premium cigars fit my tastes (and budget).
2). Find a good daily cigar that tastes good and won't break the bank.
Living in Canada, our "sin" taxes are out of this world and an $8 cigar States side could cost upward of $20 here.
Wish me luck... suggestions are always welcome.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Welcome from SoCal! Our California state excise tax increase to 67% in July is going to hurt, so I feel your tax pain. Canada sure makes it tough to find a reasonably priced daily smoke.

bdc30

BoM May '11
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
Welcome from a short ways down the 401. Best thing I ever did was go to Cuba with a group of 6 non smokers, who were all more than willing to use their allotment to bring back smokes. Sadly that's about the only way to get affordable smokes up here most of the time.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome from a short ways down the 401. Best thing I ever did was go to Cuba with a group of 6 non smokers, who were all more than willing to use their allotment to bring back smokes. Sadly that's about the only way to get affordable smokes up here most of the time.
That kind of trip is out of the question for me at this time. I've been rolling the dice for my pipe tobacco and have been pretty lucky with cross-border shipping. One out of my last nine orders was dinged but I'm afraid cigars might be more of a gamble.

bostoneo

The Chosen One
Rating - 100%
400   0   0
Welcome from Ohio!

last time I went into Ontario they wanted to take all my cigars even though I had under 100 sticks b/t me and the wife! was a fun hour in customs :p

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome from Ohio!

last time I went into Ontario they wanted to take all my cigars even though I had under 100 sticks b/t me and the wife! was a fun hour in customs :p
That's the price we pay for health care. Tax the crap out of people who just want to enjoy their life a little bit... but who's complaining?