What's new

Greetings from the Netherlands

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fellow BOTL, greetings from The Netherlands. Started smoking cigars during COVID because I didn't had anything else to do with my life money, in my early 20's I smoked cigarettes but didn't touch tobacco for 14 years after that. Tobacco wise I don't have a preference, but I tend to be attracted to bolder sub 50 rg cigars than anything else. I like CC's and have a somewhat healthy stash of them, but at this pricepoint and availability of stock I started to buy more NC's.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome Dan, you seem to have a similar story to many here including myself in regards to CCs and now NCs making ther way into the mix, due to outrageous price and limited availability of CCs.

What NCs are you smoiking? Anything that you would consider a viable substitute (if such a thing exists) to a CC?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the kind welcome!

@Groucho dont take my word for it as im an expert on my own opinion; dont try to compare them. I didnt smoke enough cigars to maybe stumble against a true "cubanesque" (cringe.....) cigar, but I don't think there is truly one. If you look at it from a farmers perspective it might be the same breed of seed at first, but that seed has been breeded in different circumstances, planted in different soils, grown under different weather conditions. Then we get to the barns which can influence the taste of tobacco, how long it will stay in a fermentation process, how long it will be stored after rolling. Would you blindfold me, give me 2 lit cigars and let me smoke them I would not be able to get the difference, so maybe its all in the impression you have of that cigar when you pick one out of your stash and you know what your smoking.

@hdroadglide im also active on other tobacco forums and I get that message "hey I lived there and there" "I have family living in the Netherlands" more than I expected!