What's new

Greg in Denver 4/18-4/22

Moglman

Mountain Hound
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I didn't see another post so sorry if this is a dup.

Greg will be in Denver for a conference from Saturday 4/18 through Wednesday 4/22. Unfortunately, I'm busy Sat. all day, but I'm pulling something together for the evening of Sunday 4/19. I imagine I'll pick him up at his hotel around 4 pm. We'll probably meet up downtown, the Celtic Tavern or Churchills maybe. Other suggestions welcome, please post along with your interest in joining us. I'd bet he can find some more evenings to meet as well.

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Sunday is the only day that works for me! I think he posted a thread about it a while ago, but I can't find it.
Haven't been to Celtic in a long time! Although I have never been to Churchill's.
How is the Robusto Room? I've heard a bit about that place, too.

TYLER

Moglman

Mountain Hound
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I haven't been there, Tyler, but local guys who live down that way were not impressed. I'd still like to check it out sometime. The Celtic is nice because we can eat and smoke without changing venues, and Sunday is free meter parking. The back room is comfortable. Churchills is nice too, but I'd suggest eating first as it can get a bit spendy in the Brown Palace restaurants.

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Don't think I've seen the back room at Celtic... just the half of the bar/restaurant that you can smoke in. And free meter parking sounds good!

TYLER

Greg

BoM October 2006
Rating - 100%
119   0   0
I didn't see another post so sorry if this is a dup.

Greg will be in Denver for a conference from Saturday 4/18 through Wednesday 4/22. Unfortunately, I'm busy Sat. all day, but I'm pulling something together for the evening of Sunday 4/19. I imagine I'll pick him up at his hotel around 4 pm. We'll probably meet up downtown, the Celtic Tavern or Churchills maybe. Other suggestions welcome, please post along with your interest in joining us. I'd bet he can find some more evenings to meet as well.
I did post something a while back, but I should have bumped it:

http://www.botl.org/community/forums/showthread.php?t=23647&highlight=mil;e+high

I'll be free Saturday and Sunday nights, and possibly Monday or Tuesday.

Greg

BoM October 2006
Rating - 100%
119   0   0
Damn straight!

By the way, does the Celtic have a dart board? I'd love to throw some darts....wondering if I can check my darts now...hmmmm.

Moglman

Mountain Hound
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I'm told the Celtic is closed on Sundays, but the sister restaurant Delany's right next door is open and allows cigars on Sundays only. The rest of the week they split the crowd with smoking in the Celtic and non-smoking in Delany's. I called and confirmed, and yes I hear they have a dart board.

Greg

BoM October 2006
Rating - 100%
119   0   0
I'm told the Celtic is closed on Sundays, but the sister restaurant Delany's right next door is open and allows cigars on Sundays only. The rest of the week they split the crowd with smoking in the Celtic and non-smoking in Delany's. I called and confirmed, and yes I hear they have a dart board.
Sweet!

If they have pints, liquor and allow smoking, what's not to like? :cbig:

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Just gotta finish up (well, start and then finish) a paper for one of my classes and I'm there!!!

TYLER

Moglman

Mountain Hound
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
It was excellent meeting Greg and Mike f2f after so long on the boards, and Monica was a very nice lady who fit it with this puffing crowd. It was great seeing and talking to you again Tyler. Thanks to all that came, for the great cigars and the continued good times.