What's new

Growing Up -- 1959 vs. 2009

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Growing Up -- 1959 vs. 2009

Scenario 1: Jack goes quail hunting before school and then pulls into the school parking lot with his shotgun in his truck's gun rack.
1957 - Vice Principal comes over, looks at Jack's shotgun, goes to his car and gets his shotgun to show Jack.
2007 - School goes into lock down, FBI called, Jack hauled off to jail and never sees his truck or gun again. Counselors called in for traumatized students and teachers.

Scenario 2: Johnny and Mark get into a fist fight after school.
1957 - Crowd gathers. Mark wins. Johnny and Mark shake hands and end up buddies.
2007 - Police called and SWAT team arrives -- they arrest both Johnny and Mark. They are both charged them with assault and both expelled even though Johnny started it.

Scenario 3: Jeffrey will not be still in class, he disrupts other students.
1957 - Jeffrey sent to the Principal's office and given a good paddling by the Principal. He then returns to class, sits still and does not disrupt class again.
2007 - Jeffrey is given huge doses of Ritalin. He becomes a zombie. He is then tested for ADD. The school gets extra money from the state because Jeffrey has a disability.

Scenario 4: Billy breaks a window in his neighbor's car and his Dad gives him a whipping with his belt.
1957 - Billy is more careful next time, grows up normal, goes to college and becomes a successful businessman.
2007 - Billy's dad is arrested for child abuse. Billy is removed to foster care and joins a gang. The state psychologist is told by Billy's sister that she remembers being abused herself and their dad goes to prison. Billy's mom has an affair with the psychologist.

Scenario 5: Mark gets a headache and takes some aspirin to school.
1957 - Mark shares his aspirin with the Principal out on the smoking dock.
2007 - The police are called and Mark is expelled from school for drug violations. His car is then searched for drugs and weapons.

Scenario 6: Pedro fails high school English .
1957 - Pedro goes to summer school, passes English and goes to college.
2007 - Pedro's cause is taken up by state. Newspaper articles appear nationally explaining that teaching English as a requirement for graduation is racist. ACLU files class action lawsuit against the state school system and Pedro's English teacher . English is then banned from core curriculum . Pedro is given his diploma anyway but ends up mowing lawns for a living because he cannot speak English.

Scenario 7: Johnny takes apart leftover firecrackers from the Fourth of July, puts them in a model airplane paint bottle and blows up a red ant bed.
1957 - Ants die.
2007- ATF, Homeland Security and the FBI are all called. Johnny is charged with domestic terrorism. The FBI investigates his parents -- and all siblings are removed from their home and all computers are confiscated. Johnny's dad is placed on a terror watch list and is never allowed to fly again.

Scenario 8: Johnny falls while running during recess and scrapes his knee. He is found crying by his teacher, Mary. Mary hugs him to comfort him.
1957 - In a short time, Johnny feels better and goes on playing.
2007 - Mary is accused of being a sexual predator and loses her job. She faces 3 years in State Prison. Johnny undergoes 5 years of therapy .

This should hit every email inbox to show how stupid we have become!! .......Think about it, most of these aren't too far from the truth!!

dpmrpa

Indiscriminate Bomber
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Scenario 6: Pedro fails high school English .
1957 - Pedro goes to summer school, passes English and goes to college.
2007 - Pedro's cause is taken up by state. Newspaper articles appear nationally explaining that teaching English as a requirement for graduation is racist. ACLU files class action lawsuit against the state school system and Pedro's English teacher . English is then banned from core curriculum . Pedro is given his diploma anyway but ends up mowing lawns for a living because he cannot speak English.

This one is the best and is so true LOL We have become very stupid indeed

BGC

Zach
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Back then if you failed you were stupid now your SPECIAL.

Today's society wants the quick fix.
Can't get hard take a pill.
Feel sad take a pill.
It hurts take a pill.
Have trouble sleeping take a pill.
Can't concentrate take a pill.

I can't concentrate and think of strange things sometimes maybe I'm psychotic!!:angryteet

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
So what would you do about the parents in another thread who named their kids after Hitler and the Aryan Nation (and I'm hoping they weren't taken away just because of that.)

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
That's how it is on the left coast:grin: Scenario 1 is pretty much how it goes around this neck of the woods, we're pretty old school around here. My kid was busted for playing ding dong ditch this past fall and scared the bejesus out of this old lady. Instead of the cops raining hell on him and the other boys they told the school who then told the football coach and the football coach told the boys they broke the rules (1. act like gentleman at all times 2. don't break the law) and if they do it again they're off the team, problem solved! All the boys whom are on the football team stopped f'n around!

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I had no idea what "ding dong ditch" was, thought it must have been something serious. No one was at the door when the lady answered, so she called the police???? Or did they do it too many times?

Knock, knock, Ginger
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Knock down ginger)
Jump to: navigation, search
This article does not cite any references or sources. Please help improve this article by adding citations to reliable sources. Unverifiable material may be challenged and removed. (November 2008)

Knock, knock, Ginger (in England and Canada), ding-dong doorbell ditch (in the United States), chappy (in Scotland), or dolly knock (in Ireland), sometimes referred to as "knick-knocking", is a game played by children in many cultures. It involves knocking on the front door of (or ringing the doorbell of) a victim, then running away before the door can be answered. The game has been played since the 19th century.[1]

Mitch

BOM 2/09-Keeper BOTtLe
Rating - 100%
133   0   0
Yea were missing some scenarios. Like Little miss homemaker is in a bad marriage with an alcoholic and abusive husband, but can't leave and earn a living wage, the cops will not do anything about it, society tells her it’s her fault and her son grows up just like daddy.

Don’t even get me started on the racism, gay bashing and the church covering up their own dark secrets. Not everything changed for the better, I’m with the "hit the brat already" crowd, but some things are better for sure.

Moro

BoM Decembre '08
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I have to agree completely here on the spoiled generation today's society is raising; but as Mitch says, we gave a tad to earn a tad (shouldn't be so bloody whinny, though; I got the belt when I f**ked up and was raised perfectly well!)

Mitch

BOM 2/09-Keeper BOTtLe
Rating - 100%
133   0   0
When I was raised if a neighborhoood parent caught you screwing up they'd spank you, and when you went home your wrestled with telling your parents knowing that if you told them you'd get it again, and if you don't and they find out about it, you'll get it worse and a grounding on top.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I know im probably one of the youngest guys here( 20) but we have become such a soft homogenized society where everyone is afraid of hurting somebodys feelings. not to mention we are terrified of everything. oh perfect example 3rd hand smoke BS.... what ever happened to people like our fathers and grandfathers, that werent afraid of stupid stuff and stood up for themselves. we need to be those guys

Moro

BoM Decembre '08
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives.
I believe this quote fits here.

hdroadglide

BoM x 2, BoY 2011
Rating - 100%
514   0   0
when you misbehaved at school, you got the paddle. the only thing worse was knowing that when your parents found out, they were going to give it to you again, even worse.
they trusted the teachers to do their job, teach you, and discipline you. we had 30+ kids in a classroom and we LEARNED. we were pushed to excell.
now twenty is too many, you need computers, grades aren't important, slow the smarter kids down so the slower kids don't feel badly. don't foster competition. EVERYONE is SPECIAL!!!

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
i was one of the few kids that got an ass whoopin when i was young. when i got alittle older, my dad would hit me in the head with his Citadel ring, i think i have 77 imprinted in the back of my head. Its SC's military college and their class rings are HUGE... and they hurt.

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Speaking of senario 1, I cannot legally carry a concealed weapon on my college campus. My state only prohibits k-12 but the campus seems to think that their small "safety and security" team can protect me if someone went Private Pyle on the professor and fellow students. *Sigh* I guess I can just duck and hope for the best.....

Shmear

Megan the Great
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Yeah... i'm not really that spoiled, when i did bad things (younger) i never got the belt, but i did get the wooden spoon, and if would spit i would get a smack on the lips.

Damn, too many preps today. They think they can own what ever they f***in want.