What's new

gubbröra

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Haphazardly came across this concoction and found out it was actually an old favorite from Sweden. Question: what beer(s) goes with it....

Recipe:
Hard boiled egg
Fresh Chives
Fresh Dill weed
Fresh Parsley
Red onion
capers
Anchovy
mayo
White pepper
Served on bagel chips

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I didn't have the Bells on hand (or any other barley wine), which sucked since your suggestion felt spot on (fix that tomorrow).

Prep is easy, like making an egg salad. One hard boiled egg, two minced anchovy fillets, 1/2 tsp of the achovie oil, small palm of each onion/chives/dill/parsley/capers, pinch of pepper, tbsp light mayo. Refrig for an hour. I spread it a sodium-free rice cake (keeps it around 200cal). Great late night treat after a day of diet food (but kills my daily sodium intake).

I've seen recipes that call for Kalles Kavier (smoked cod roe) and Swedish anchovies (sprats). Need to hit a speciality store soon to experiment.

THEMISCHMAN

SGT Hulka
Rating - 100%
146   0   0
I didn't have the Bells on hand (or any other barley wine), which sucked since your suggestion felt spot on (fix that tomorrow).

Prep is easy, like making an egg salad. One hard boiled egg, two minced anchovy fillets, 1/2 tsp of the achovie oil, small palm of each onion/chives/dill/parsley/capers, pinch of pepper, tbsp light mayo. Refrig for an hour. I spread it a sodium-free rice cake (keeps it around 200cal). Great late night treat after a day of diet food (but kills my daily sodium intake).

I've seen recipes that call for Kalles Kavier (smoked cod roe) and Swedish anchovies (sprats). Need to hit a speciality store soon to experiment.
I'm gonna try that. It sounds like a tasty snack. Hopefully, I can find some of the ingredients.