What's new

Guitars

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Just got my guitars back from the shop, have not played in like 10 years except for a couple minutes once every few months.

It's awesome, I don't remember anything, but I can jam a little.

I think I remember the intro to enter sandman, and some chords I can't remember names off.

It's great. My fingers hurt, but I don't want to stop.

Anyone esle play? anyone got tips for someone who has not played in years?

I found some tab sites online, I want to learn to read notes again though, i think it's nicer than tabs.

jkorp

~-{B'lieve Hon}-~
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Very nice. It's good to hear you're picking it up again.

I play lead in my church's worship team, and mostly mandolin when I play gigs out.

I started playing in highschool and have never looked back.

Only advice I can give is you get out what you put in. So practice as much as you can. The most important thing, I think, it getting out and playing with people. I know guys that have played for years and can not hang in a group setting. Playing with others really takes you to the next level.

You could start a herf / garage band practice.... hey that's not a bad idea :wtf: .

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I "play". I'm no virtuoso but I've always enjoyed guitar. I've found that I learn more playing with others than playing alone. I can pick up 10 new songs in an hour playing with my buddies as opposed to staring at tab all night and learning one. I guess it's just more fun to practice with others. I still only play acoustic though. Just enjoy that rich mellow sound of the Taylor.

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
i have an 88 fender strat
and a 94?? 12 string acoustic electric shallow body ovation
i was thinking of getting an acoustic nylon....easier on my fingers :)

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I play my Tak GS330 mostly. I love the satin finish on it and the fact it doesn't have a pick guard. I can't believe how beautiful the guitar is and how well it sounds for the price. Not quite as good as my Taylor but pretty decent.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
I have a Martin accoustic something or other dreadnaught, forget the model number, its one of the lower end ones (which means it still cost $650).
And electric I have a Squier Jagmaster and Mexican Tele (cheaper Tele, but the one pickup was upgraded)

I hardly play anymore, I bought the Jagmaster thinking I would start playing again but its an electric and its hard to make the time on my schedule to play nice and loud and enjoy it.

Oh yeah I had a nylon string my grandfather gave me, but I think the body cracked on a hot summer day a couple years ago. Probably still sounds ok though.

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I envy you Joshua. I don't have a Martin but since I'm part of a band that plays part time. I've played one onstage and man the sound from it is phenomenal.

I still play. Classical, Jazz and Rock (rhythm).
Still forced to play in a band - but hopefully that should end soon.

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I used play back in high school, mostly acoustic. Played very little since then, I pick up my guitar every couple on months or so. It's like riding a bike, you never forget. It takes while, your fingertips blister, and your tendons are a little sore. But it's worth it.