What's new

Gulfcoast HERF

NOGILLS2

Navigator
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Today is the day, I am looking forward to this! Not only is it the first Gulf Coast HERF, but it is my first HERF also! Looks like it is going to be two of us, unless we get surprised. No matter, things can start small, always room to grow!

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Looking forward to it. I guess Nogills2 is talking to the members that pm'd him about better times and places. If you have any desire to attend a future Herf in this area check in with him and tell him your best times and places. Tonight we set the wheels in motion for what we hope will be a regular thing. We'll update everyone about what we discuss and probably schedule the next one, so let us know what you would like this to become.

NOGILLS2

Navigator
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I know how you feel, VeLoRoK, I hope we allow this to grow! I know that the law of averages prevent 100% attendance. If we don't start, it will never happen! So we will commit to this and attempt to find a happy medium so that many can attend! Please be patient with us, as we will try many attempts to get this going. My dream is to meet once a year perhaps at a state park, rent a cabin and allow members to share the space and have time together to learn and to develop friendships! There are a number of state parks nearby that have varying sizes of cabins for a small fee with kitchen facilities. I know there are some that can plan, some that love to cook, and some who just want to sit and enjoy, ALL will be welcome!

NOGILLS2

Navigator
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Tonight's Gulf Coast HERF was a success! Only two of us attended but that is okay! Al and I hit it off well, found out we have much in common. Motorcycles, Fishing, Cigars and looking forward to the next one.
I smoked a Nat Sherman and a Sobremesa.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Yea, had a good time.
Ever notice that when people have a hobby or passion in common they often have a lot of other things in common too!
Nogills2 is great guy,.........because he's a lot like me!!!!!
Planning on doing some motorcycle riding and fishing together. Something tells me they'll be some cigar burning along the way.
Good to have met you Nogills2, looking forward to expanding the guest list. As it stands right now we plan to meet on Fridays in Slidell with trips on the weekends to visit other burners.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Looks like Nogills and I are going to have another get together Friday 2-10 in Slidell. We'll be a bit earlier around 5:30 after work, any BOTL member is welcome to join us. Drop me or Nogills a pm and we'll provide directions.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Hey Nogills, we talked about the Mundial last week. Read up on it and if you would like to try one and talk about it Friday, I'm buying.