What's new

Gun in humidor?

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
For $100 bucks you can get a small safe like the one above... I have a child on the way and I intend to put my handgun there.
I also have my first child on the way, and I will be doing the same thing. For the price of a box of Padron 2000's, you can get yourself a high quality single handgun safe.

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
Buy one of the gun safes as described above. You can mount it on a shelf in a closet, which keeps it away from children and allows you quick access to it.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Which type of safe do you guys recommend. I looked at the fingerprint safe video/link on the 1st page and the Amazon reviews weren't so great. Talked about the fingerprint reader not working all the time, possibly not working at all, and also being very loud when opening.

I would want something small to maybe put under the bed, but I'm afraid of electronic safes now days, especially fingerprint readers, where they might not work all the time or eventually malfunction permanently and you won't be able to open them.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Which type of safe do you guys recommend. I looked at the fingerprint safe video/link on the 1st page and the Amazon reviews weren't so great. Talked about the fingerprint reader not working all the time, possibly not working at all, and also being very loud when opening.

I would want something small to maybe put under the bed, but I'm afraid of electronic safes now days, especially fingerprint readers, where they might not work all the time or eventually malfunction permanently and you won't be able to open them.
This one is more expensive than the other one, but imho it's the best one on the market, bar none.

http://www.deansafe.com/ftk-pb.html

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Those Gun Vaults are also good, they look like fingerprint readers as well, but those are actually buttons for you to input the unlock code, with a key backup. They are a little cheaper than the Fort Knox as well. Can be found on the same site, might be able to find them cheaper else where, that site is just to let you see them. :)