What's new

Gurkha Releases a $2k Cigar!!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well after reading this not sure I should admit but I do like some of their sticks (my first box ever purchased was the assassin line) but that is just ridiculous in price.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Well after reading this not sure I should admit but I do like some of their sticks (my first box ever purchased was the assassin line) but that is just ridiculous in price.
Hey I was given a Cellar Reserve a couple of years back and enjoyed it. I'll man up to that. The other 2-3 Gurkhas I've tried over the years took "crap" to a new level.

HIM*

Closer To The Sun
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
What I don't get is you'd figure anyone that buys a $2k cigar would at least know a thing or two about cigars. And anyone that knows a thing or two about cigars knows buying a $2k Gurkha is just insane. Its way easier for me to wrap my head around people buying a $2k super exclusive Fuente or Padron. Still ridiculous but with their prestige I get it. But a $2k Gurkha? You must be in the mood to just burn money, figuratively speaking.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2k! Only if it is Le Grand Cigar

"Well, as you can see, its wrapper is a piece of the original U.S. Constitution. It was hand-rolled by Queen Elizabeth during her wild years and was buried with George Burns until grave-robbing space mushrooms -- Uh, well you know the rest."
Yessir, I still do love my cartoons!

WhiteWolfIndulgence

Prince Sascha
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I'd want to know more about the aging. I'd want to know more about the age of the tobacco, the rolling quality and who is blending this cigar. I'd want to know what breeds and why they are special. I've smoked expensive cigars designed at the market this is aimed at and I can tell you, IMO the most expensive cigar I've smoked didn't justify the price. But when you're using truly aged tobacco that's been in barns and curing for decades, that makes sense to justify a higher cost per stick. When you're having to produce cigars at a quarter of the speed of most normal factories because old tobacco is delicate, that makes sense.

But what's the story on this stick? There's another maker I ran across that includes a Svarski diamond in the cigar itself and has gold on the wrapper but I can't remember who they are. Their site looks awful though.

I don't think it's wise to shotgun blast the market with everything from a $2 Park Avenue to a $2,000 cigar but that's just my .02.

Sascha

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
I'd want to know more about the aging. I'd want to know more about the age of the tobacco, the rolling quality and who is blending this cigar. I'd want to know what breeds and why they are special. I've smoked expensive cigars designed at the market this is aimed at and I can tell you, IMO the most expensive cigar I've smoked didn't justify the price. But when you're using truly aged tobacco that's been in barns and curing for decades, that makes sense to justify a higher cost per stick. When you're having to produce cigars at a quarter of the speed of most normal factories because old tobacco is delicate, that makes sense.

But what's the story on this stick? There's another maker I ran across that includes a Svarski diamond in the cigar itself and has gold on the wrapper but I can't remember who they are. Their site looks awful though.

I don't think it's wise to shotgun blast the market with everything from a $2 Park Avenue to a $2,000 cigar but that's just my .02.

Sascha
There is nothing wrong with paying the premium of $25-30 for an ultra premium cigar. The Padron 50yr and Padron 80yr happen to be a few of my favorties and are enjoyed on a special occasion. However, regardless of the care and process that went into making this cigar (or any cigar in this price range) in my opinion you're nuts for spending two thousand dollars for something you're going to burn! Of course, some might feel the same way about a cigar priced higher than $15... I personally agree with knw247's sentiments that if someone does buy this it will just be there as something to say "look what I have" and they'll never smoke it. All this being said... If someone is crazy enough to spend the scratch of two grand or twenty large for a box of these, that's their business... Most of us just know better! :wtf::yuck::vomit::hungover:

Last edited:

WhiteWolfIndulgence

Prince Sascha
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
If that's the case, then why buy Porsche or a Rolls Royce when a Ford is just as good in terms of the process?
I don't think it's about "knowing better." It's about possessing a different appreciation for something. If the Gurkha uses old tobaccos that have been stored well and they'e taken the time to craft a cigar of that caliber, it might be worth it. But nobody's talking about that so...