What's new

Gurkha Valhalla...

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
Friends don't let Friends shop at Thompsons.

If the Valhalla is good,it would be the first Gurkha worth more than $3.00..........Which seems to be the going price in the catalogs I get......

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Gurkha makes some decent sticks, but separating the wheat from the chaff can be more of a "learning experience" than a cigar enjoyment experience.

So I'd agree with the general sentiment above. Tons of cigars most BOTLs would agree are superior to the average Gurkha can be had for amazing prices.

If you'd like more specific value-shopping guidance, then PM me. I've had some big scores and a couple failures too.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Friends don't let Friends shop at Thompsons.

If the Valhalla is good,it would be the first Gurkha worth more than $3.00..........Which seems to be the going price in the catalogs I get......
Can actually find some good rare cigars there sometimes. I think most of their clients are more interested in what's on sale, rather than looking any deeper into the site.

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
I think most of their clients are more interested in what's on sale, rather than looking any deeper into the site.
The reason most people here don't shop there has more to do with their questionable habits of signing you up for stuff you didn't agree to (among other things).

Dan

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
The reason most people here don't shop there has more to do with their questionable habits of signing you up for stuff you didn't agree to (among other things).

Dan
I totally agree, but it still stands you can find some interesting stuff on their site. I've only ever made one purchase from them, and that was to get some Hemingway maduro's that weren't available anywhere else, that I could find. Nothing bad happened to me, lol, but like I said, I've only used them once in my life and that was because I had no choice at the time. ;)

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
That and the lifetime subscription to their catalog. Better prices elsewhere. Check our sponsors

ATL

BoM 10/12, 9/13, & 8/14
Rating - 100%
342   0   0
According to Norse mythology, Valhalla, or the Hall of the Slain, is the place where warriors who died in combat were ushered on the wings of Valkyries to feast forever at the table of the god, Oden.

Can you imagine being torn apart by maze or sword only to receive a Gurkha in the afterlife?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gurkha makes some decent sticks, but separating the wheat from the chaff can be more of a "learning experience" than a cigar enjoyment experience.

So I'd agree with the general sentiment above. Tons of cigars most BOTLs would agree are superior to the average Gurkha can be had for amazing prices.

If you'd like more specific value-shopping guidance, then PM me. I've had some big scores and a couple failures too.
Thanks Jason, I'll do that.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey guys! I'm new here and found the site as I just got an email from Thompsons about the Gurka's and then googled it and found you guys! This could be the exact place I needed to find.

I had smoked cigars years ago but of course was buying crapola since I was 1) cheap and 2) didn't know any better. So now years later I am in a financial condition to spend enough to get a "quality" cigar and of course got waylaid by Thompson's. In their defense they did send me a few (maybe 3 out of 20) cigars that were actually decent and that have me wanting more. In the mean time, I've probably wasted another $100 or so on mediocre sticks and now know I need to learn.

I've obviously registered here and will take the welcome message to heart and start getting some "learnin" on how to buy a good cigar.

I won't be buying these Gurka's for example which has already probably saved me from another $30 mistake!

Thanks

Rating - 95.7%
24   1   0
how you doin dtbach, head over to the introduction section on the forum and create a thread introducing yourself. now that you have found us, you will never have to smoke another gurkha ever again.

Rating - 100%
127   0   0
Hey guys! I'm new here and found the site as I just got an email from Thompsons about the Gurka's and then googled it and found you guys! This could be the exact place I needed to find.

I had smoked cigars years ago but of course was buying crapola since I was 1) cheap and 2) didn't know any better. So now years later I am in a financial condition to spend enough to get a "quality" cigar and of course got waylaid by Thompson's. In their defense they did send me a few (maybe 3 out of 20) cigars that were actually decent and that have me wanting more. In the mean time, I've probably wasted another $100 or so on mediocre sticks and now know I need to learn.

I've obviously registered here and will take the welcome message to heart and start getting some "learnin" on how to buy a good cigar.

I won't be buying these Gurka's for example which has already probably saved me from another $30 mistake!

Thanks
Glad you found the place. FYI....there is another room for intros even-though I understand you found the board by way of this thread.

See you around.

FuenteSmoker

Il n'y a pas de fumée san
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
According to Norse mythology, Valhalla, or the Hall of the Slain, is the place where warriors who died in combat were ushered on the wings of Valkyries to feast forever at the table of the god, Oden.

Can you imagine being torn apart by maze or sword only to receive a Gurkha in the afterlife?

Hahaha !!!! This is to funny

LigaPrivadaFanboy

Unrepentant Hoarder
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
So a friend of mine is a long-time Ghurka fan. Last weekend we smoked LP UF4s together...he went home and threw away all of his Ghurkas, cursing me for spoiling him with cigars that actually taste good! Now he's on a box-buying binge...anything from Nica!

whodeeni

the Cigar "Gangsta" ;0(
Rating - 96.4%
149   4   2
So a friend of mine is a long-time Ghurka fan. Last weekend we smoked LP UF4s together...he went home and threw away all of his Ghurkas, cursing me for spoiling him with cigars that actually taste good! Now he's on a box-buying binge...anything from Nica!
^^ Becoming a part of my signature^^

Rating - 100%
127   0   0
^^ Becoming a part of my signature^^
Love it, lol.

Do not share liga with gurka lovers, you will rock their world.