What's new

Gurkha Wins Packaging Award

Rating - 100%
95   0   0
Just read this on Halfwheel... How appropriate since its what they seem to pay the most attention to...

Not that some of their smokes aren't ok. I've heard some positive things about their recent sticks.

SDShark

BoM May '14
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Ya a lot of their packaging look like they belong in an Indiana Jones movie or something haha. Props to them!

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Is this award like the sportsmanship award? Ya know, "hey guys you really suck, but you sure we're gracious in all of your losing, so here's an award."

Dread

I sell cigars
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
That band in indeed pretty incredible, I'd give the cigar a shot too. It may or not be being made by one of the brands I rep. :grin:

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Accuracy by volume? If you put out more blends and boxes than anybody else, your odds are pretty good of winning something like this.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
"World renowned for their packaging and design..." Not cigars? Lol

I gotta admit a few years ago when I decided to up the stakes to storing cigars at home they suckered me into two boxes because design, they shortly became hand-outs to friends that rarely smoked.

On a different note I thoroughly enjoy the Gurkha Evil w/ >3 months rest as well as the Cellar Reserve.

NickThePyro

GO COUGS!
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
99% of uneducated cigar smokers will pick the cigar in the glass tube and fancy wax seal over a loose stick in a box. Amazing marketing and packaging by them, just not what the community here desires for their cigars.

thegoldenmackid

Why Can't I be a Lancero?
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
It's funny, I thought the band was ineffective. It was decent, but for someone that hasn't memorized all 43 Gurkha lines, it didn't seem like it would separate the 125th well enough on a shelf.

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
99% of uneducated cigar smokers will pick the cigar in the glass tube and fancy wax seal over a loose stick in a box. Amazing marketing and packaging by them, just not what the community here desires for their cigars.
You're absolutely right. This is why Cohiba, Montecristo, and RyJ have a market share. To the cigar smoker that isn't absolutely fanatics like those on BOTL, they are the cigar to buy.

I remember going to a friend's house and I knew his father smoked cigars. So I bought a box pressed CAO thinking how cool is that?

Fourtotheflush

BoM Apr 12'
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
Not that some of their smokes aren't ok. I've heard some positive things about their recent sticks.
The issue I have had with them is consistant quality.

I have smoke a few WAY back 3-4 years ago.
Ive had a couple cigar from a release that we OK. Then you revisit the blend and it it aweful - didnt taste the same at all.

I have found and heard that this is the same accross many of their lines.
I have not revisited them in a long time and dont plan to!

There are too many other brands that have consistant quality that I want to try, let alone go back to one that has known quality problems.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Too bad they don't give a darn about their cigars.
I'm a newbie and have by chance gotten a few Gurkha's due to purchasing some sampler packs over the last 5 months. First couple I had were nothing to write home about, however, I just smoked a "Status" that was very enjoyable, great draw and burn, smooth and tasty (at least to me), so now and then I guess they make something decent.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received the Grand Reserve Churchill as a gift. Tasted good, burned good, no touch-ups. I won't buy one due to the price, but if my father-in-law offers I will definitely smoke it again.