What's new

Gurkha X-Fuerte?

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Anybody had these? CI has a pretty decent special on them (12 torps for $30 or $40), but I'm not sure if they're worth spending money on or not.

TYLER

R

RX2010

Rating - 100%
74   0   0
everyone on the cbid boards seems to love them. Of course, everyone over there loves anything Gurkha or CAO, not that I don't like cigars from those lines, but over there it's like there's nothing else

sarnone

Mithrandir
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Tyler,
This was a review I did on C-Bid. I am a huge Gurkha fan but will only buy them at certain price points. Gurkha makes some remarkable cigars and at this special price, this is one of them. I just got 2 mazos delivered to me today of this special. Here's the review..................

Let me start by saying that I am a huge Gurkha fan. I have smoked the Grande Torpedo and the Churchill and I am very impressed with the flavor they produce. I think the "X-Fuerte" in the name may be a bit misleading since I did not consider these to be an overpowering cigar or for that matter, anywhere near full bodied. The persistent flavor throughout the whole smoke was a toasty/woody flavor and one that I enjoy very much. No spicy hints or leathery aftertastes. They do seem to burn more quickly than other Gurkhas in this size range. This may be due to a slightly looser roll...I'm not sure, but the volume of smoke is very satisfying. They burn more on the cool side also and keep a nice burn throughout although I have had to touch them up once in a while. To be brutally honest, I'm not sure I would be pleased if I had to pay $10 or more for them, but at the current price range, these are, IMHO, one of THE BEST BUYS around.

Sam

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
i was recently gifted one, very good! got a little hot toward the end, otherwise a very good smoke!

jeff

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
My buddy Jenny is a huge fan of Gurkha cigars, and everytime CI puts them on sale, he buys 'em up...including this particular sale.

I'll be the first to admit that I think the Gurkhas are usually overpriced at retail (much like CAO is, IMHO) but they seem to go on sale so often that you can pick up a fairly steady supply of them for very reasonable prices.

Basically, I think that if CI has a sale on a Gurkha, it's usually worth buying.

Poni

BoM Oct 05
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
I'm a big fan of the Gurkha Legends & Regents. Still very enjoyable cigars.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll have mine in this week, I'm sure that Sheep and FrankN will have at least a sample of mine this week. I can't wait, never had one of these particular Gurkhas. I typically like what Hensotia puts out, allthough, I don't like a few and a couple other just don't make my pants dance. The signature series (previously not with the Gurkha brand) I don't like due to lack of taste. The master selects are not (in my opinion) worth nearly as much as they sell for.

I hope this cigar is as good as it looks!

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
The master selects are not (in my opinion) worth nearly as much as they sell for.
Amen to that! I like the Master series but can't stand the full sticker price for them. I think they are really good cigars if you can get them for $4-5 a pop, but the prices I have seen them for at the B&M just make me shake my head.