What's new

Gurkha

Rhenford

Cigar Neophyte
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I haven't yet had a Gurkha cigar. I was thinking of trying a few. Anyone have any input on what I could get in my first run?

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
I have some that could use a new home. PM me your address and I'll send you some.

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
They currently have over 100 faces on the market, I wouldn't even know what's good or bad now.

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Looks like sofc got you covered.

I've only had three of their cigars. The Master Select, their Perfecto line, and their glass-tubed Connecticut line were all good.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

funkejj

BoM December 09
Rating - 100%
255   0   0
Larry summed it up best here there are a hundred plus different ones and you will wast time and money to find whats good from bad

whodeeni

the Cigar "Gangsta" ;0(
Rating - 96.4%
149   4   2
The Warlord is the Chit! I had one Friday and enjoyed the hell out of it!
And this is coming from a guy who doesn't prefer big ring gauge cigars. I believe
it was a Cameroon wrapper, but the flavors were great! Nate says that he likes
the Nepalese Warrior.

Last edited:

Danilo

"The Target"
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
There aren't any gurkhas worth spending money on....
The Gurkha worth spending money on is the one that you like to smoke. That goes for every cigar out there. It is worth it, as long as you like it.

The best gurkha I smoked was the Assassin. it was given to me to try, not sure what it costs, but I do not have the urge to smoke em. For the price of a Gurkha I can smoke Don Carlos, Pepin etc... That is why I do not smoke em...
Try em, you might just like it.

whodeeni

the Cigar "Gangsta" ;0(
Rating - 96.4%
149   4   2
Search cbid for singles so that you can get them at a reasonable price.
I don't think they carry all of the lines on there, but that's probably
the most cost effective way to buy them.

The Gurkha worth spending money on is the one that you like to smoke. That goes for every cigar out there. It is worth it, as long as you like it.

The best gurkha I smoked was the Assassin. it was given to me to try, not sure what it costs, but I do not have the urge to smoke em. For the price of a Gurkha I can smoke Don Carlos, Pepin etc... That is why I do not smoke em...
Try em, you might just like it.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I've had a handful of Gurkhas and enjoyed a couple of them. It looks like you are covered on trying them but as an FYI never pay retail for a Gurkha. They'll sell them at a $20-$30 MSRP then you'll see them on Monster at $30.00 for a 5'er.

As Larry mentioned, there are way too many lines to know what is and isn't worth trying. However, I know a few people that love Gurkhas so you never know until you try them. Good luck!

I smoke HMRs all day yo
You too? We should have an HMR herf sometime....

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
While I don't smoke them as much now, I have enjoyed some of them.

Again, smoke what you like. Doesn't matter what it costs or who thinks what.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Again, smoke what you like. Doesn't matter what it costs or who thinks what.
To a certain extent... but if a cigar costs $30.00 at retail but can be had for $7.50 elsewhere that's a huge difference in paying $8.00 one place at $7.00 another. Gurkha is notorious for having ridiculous MSRP's and then you see sticks selling for 1/4 of that.

Danilo

"The Target"
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
That is true. If you wanna buy Gurkha, do it online, cause you will see some deals like 5 for 30, but in a store each stick is 18....

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
To a certain extent... but if a cigar costs $30.00 at retail but can be had for $7.50 elsewhere that's a huge difference in paying $8.00 one place at $7.00 another. Gurkha is notorious for having ridiculous MSRP's and then you see sticks selling for 1/4 of that.
Absolutely Tim.

Sorry didn't mean to imply otherwise. MSRP is not to be looked at with the Gurkhas.

That's one of the reasons I love the regular Padron line. They've been the same price (approx) for over 15 years. Even during the boom when cigar prices were going crazy, Padrons were rock steady.

Doctor Zhivago

Cigar-Slinger
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have had one, you have had them all. Maybe you'll like them, my buddy has a gurkha tattoo on his leg. Of course, he never was very smart.