What's new

Gyros

MithShrike

Yerba mate for life.
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
fredneck said:
There is a Greek festival here in Frederick, MD that runs today through Sunday.

MMM...MMMM.....Gyros, here I come.

Oooh... man you got me homesick. They have a Greek festival in my hometown at the Greek Orthodox church. Beautiful wimmenz and good food, what more can a person ask for?

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
How did this end up in the coffee section? Should go with food you would think.

One of my friends told me about a gyro place that slices the meat right off when you order it. I gotta find out where its at.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
This is in the coffe forum? Weird.

The thread that won't die I see too. :rofl:

There is a pretty cool Greek restaurant near my SIL's house in KC...this reminds me we need to stop there sometime and get some Gyros! Yum!

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
I wonder if I put this in the forum or if Eric moved threads into the coffee forum based on key words :dunno:

Anyway, Greg, now I'm f'in hungry for a gyro!

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
I don't care where the thread gets placed. After all this Gyro talk I'm going to get on for lunch. See you guys.

blessednxs65

Is it Nicaraguan
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
I love them.

If you are ever in Stockton, CA, there is a Greek Family owned spot called Yasso Yanni's in downtown that makes the best Gyros I have ever tasted.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
We used to have some on Long Island a few years back, Westbury for one, not anymore though.

This will tell you about our operation, me and two brothers.
www.substationii.com

Click under "about us".

charlie
Haven't been to one of these since graduating from college (89). Was one in Greenville, NC that had a special on Weds or Thurs nights for $0.99 subs and pitchers. The pitchers started at 4 and the subs at 5. It was always the debate after drinking pitchers for an hour, should we buy another round of pitchers or actually buy a sub. Subs were good but the beer usually won.