What's new

H. Upmann Corona Major Tubo

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm slowly working through the CCs I got when I was in the Caribbean last month (thanks again to those who helped me with my acquisition list). I had the H. Upmann Corona Major yesterday, and wanted talk about it separate from that thread.

Right out of the tube it was a bit rough looking - lumpy veins and a slightly split foot. There were some fuzzy white spots (haven't the slightest idea what they were), as well as some green that looked like spots that hadn't been thoroughly cured.

The smoke had a bit of a citrus note to it, a light herbaceousness and that flavor I spoke of earlier that I guess is the thing I've heard described as the twang that's unique to CCs. It did have a slight metallic tone early on, but not enough to really turn me off. I seem to recall someone indicating that this could be a function of needing more age? Anyway, by the end of the first third it was gone.

Good stick, I don't usually think much of ones with that light a wrapper but I smoked this one down to the nub. Mild, and yet interesting... I might get a box. One very odd thing: after I was done it left a distinct tingling numbness on my tongue, and I've never had that happen before. What's with that? Please don't tell me the white fuzz was a neurotoxic mold...

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
this is a great cigar,but you need to look for mold with tubo cigars.
wipe it off and you are ok.
now that the Upmann pc is history,this is the closest replacement.
the tingle you felt was young tobacco and moisture.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice review, these tubed Upman are good flavour but the construction is not the best. If you're going to continue with H Upman I highly recommend the Mag46 and No.2

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice review, these tubed Upman are good flavour but the construction is not the best. If you're going to continue with H Upman I highly recommend the Mag46 and No.2
Thanks! Great timing, I just found out I'll be going on another cruise in September, stopping at St. Maarten, so I figure I'll swing by the LCDH in Marigot.