What's new

H. Upmann Mag48 LE

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I've been sitting on these lovely, 4.3x48 bombs, for about a month now and finally decided to try one. My expectations was this cigar would fall between the Mag 46 and the Mag 50, but Upmann decided to make this one shorter.

My experience with LE's have been well, limited. I have not had the opportunity to smoke many, regardless this cigar is going to become a go to cigar for me. The explosion of flavors after you get this cigar going is monumental. Between the espresso, charcoal and deep-milky chocolate flavors this cigar is extremely rich and a delight to my taste buds. This cigar compares favorably to a Sir Winston, and for me knocks out the other Magnums. All the way through rich chocolate. I would call this a medium bodied cigar and maybe a medium+ towards the end nicotine wise. Again the flavor is very full body and just coats your mouth.

My only complaint is that it wasn't longer! The cigar last about 1hour 15 minutes for me but that chocolate lasted until the end. A little youth showed through toward the end but with some more resting these will be even better. I cannot wait until the next one!

Soundwave13

BoM Feb 2010
Rating - 100%
143   0   0
I have one I've been holding onto. I love the 50's & especially the 46's - after a year or two, they seem to open up in flavor dramatically. I'm hoping that the 48's do the same, though, from all reports seem to be smoking well ROTT.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I agree (without the comparisons to other sticks -- haven't tried them) with your review. Took one, nearly right out of the box and it was as stated, for about 5/6's of the cigar, then it went green. I'll be happy when these lil guys grow up. :) Fit my palette to a T.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Great Stick, but i Like the 46 a bit more and the 50 a bit less. I'll have to do a back to back to back one of these days.

Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Thanks a lot for the review...now I am on the hunt for these. Great review bro, thank you...:stretchgr

RobustoMoe

No1 CC blanket bomber
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Thanks for the review bro. These cigars are actually great, I really enjoy 'em and plan to buy a couple of boxes (one for aging while the other is for smoking)

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
I'm intrigued by this cigar, it sound wonderful based on the flavour profile but the size is quite lacking imo. I'm not a fan of short smokes. But for the right price I'm considering picking up a box. Though maybe I should sample some before committing to a box of these since the size does worry me some. I do love the Mag 50 and 46 though. I truly wish that the 48 had come out more in between the 46 and 50 in size.