Ash- 9/10
Draw- 8/10
Burn- 8/10
Flavor/Blend- 28/30
Uniqueness- 9/10
Smoke- 9/10
Finish- 10/10
Total 91/100

I finally made myself sit down and smoke this cigar after looking at it in my humidor for months on end. It had a beautiful dark wrapper and great band presentation with red, white, and gold colors contrasting against the dark brown wrapper. The ash was dark grey and cracked and maintained decent strength throughout the smoke. The draw was pretty tight at first and the smoke was light, but with a little bit of gentle pressure and some time the cigar began to open up around the second third. This cigar had a nice light bodied profile about it that was extremely smooth. It had a nice earthy core with incredible chocolate undertones. These flavors persisted through the entire smoke and were very consistent. The burn was relatively even through most of the cigar, but the edges had to be relit a couple of times. The cigar finished smooth and flavorful without any harshness, which allowed me to smoke it to the very end. I can’t wait for these to become a regular production cigar so that I can keep them in stock on a regular basis.

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
Thanks for the review.

I don't think these were one of the better EL's that have been produced. I liked the Monte D that came out that year better for example. And this coming from an admitted Upmann ho! I don't mean to say that it's not a good smoke, just not as good as alot of the EL's that have come out imo. Not worth the premium pricetag that the EL's always garner either.

MichiganM

The One, The Only
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I don't get into EL's too much, so much regular stock out there that keeps my credit card busy. I do have a Monte D though that's on the top shelf right now. Will have to burn that eventually.

Thanks for the review!

blessednxs65

Is it Nicaraguan
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Nice Review.

Too many sticks I want to try, too little time. If my recent health scare taught me one thing it taught me this. No saving special sticks for special times... smoke 'em if you got 'em.

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
I'm trying to remember but I seem to recall reading somewhere that these will be added to H. Upmann line soon. So for folks who missed out on getting these as an EL back in '05 hopefully sometime soon they will be available again. I just hope they won't be at the EL price point and more in line with a standard smoke.