SHAPE: Corona
ORIGIN: Dominican Republic
WRAPPER: Cameroon
BINDER: Nicaraguan
FILLER: Dominican, Nicaraguan, Peruvian
COLOR: Natural Cameroon (medium brown)
SIZE: 5.5 x 44
PRICE: ~$4.00

I bought this cigar in a frenzy a few weeks back. I was impulse buying handfulls of cigars from the local shop, I used to smoke these years ago, and wanted to see if I still liked them as well as I used to. I smoked it yesterday at the farm, while hanging out and tinkering on some stuff in the shop. Just as I remembered, it was smooth, good flavor, a little nutty, and a unique aftertaste (not icky). All in all, an enjoyable little smoke. I'd like to lay hands on one with a little larger ring gauge (I want a Toro next time) While it's not the best cigar I've ever had, it's definitely a good one, and I wouldn't hesitate for a minute to buy another.

What JR has to say about it:
Although the H. Upmann Vintage Cameroon is a new brand, to many of us it is like an old favorite. Before 1995 all H. Upmanns were wrapped in African Cameroon leaf, but shortages forced the maker to change the recipe. H. Upmann remained a great brand, but it was never quite the same cigar. While the Vintage Cameroon is a new blend updated for today's tastes it invokes our memories of smoking those smooth, rich cigars that are quintessentially H. Upmann.

http://www.jrcigar.com/index.cfm?page=cigars

MY RATING: A very solid 3 stars (*****)

Other sizes have been reviewed by another member here previously:

http://www.botl.org/community/forums/showthread.php?t=3165&highlight=Upmann+Vintage+Cameroon

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I remember when these first came out, I was in the habit of trying just about anything that was a new release, most of the time I would get the cigar for free from the Owner of the stores. But even when it wasn't free, I would still buy one to try.

I agree, I think these cigars are very well priced, and for that price you get a very good cigar. Actually I have had plenty of cigars that cost more and sometimes double the cost of these and was less impressed.

Besides tasting good, I like the packaging, and the little cedar sleeves are a nice touch. Hell you can even use them to place in loose cigars.

Deez