What's new

H. Uppman Lonsdale

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
H. Upmann Lonsdale May 00 is a very good cigar. My first impression of this smoke is how smooth it is. It's creamy, smooth and so easy to smoke. It did have a semi tight draw but an even burn. It had hints of almond (always taste like cherry to me) but lacked the full complexity of that classic habano taste that I adore. It had a nice smooth toasty base. It was an enjoyable smoke but not a smoke I would search out. I think the SLR churchill 05 is very comparable. The young SLR is not as smooth or the flavors as well melded. With that said you can taste themes in the SLR that will overcome this smoke with time. I think the "twang" most people describe is that allspice/coffee theme that is present in the great habanos smokes. This cigar lacks that kinda "twang". Though it was absent I did enjoy this cigar.

Hot_Sauce

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Nice review, I've been kind of curious about these but never broke down to buy any as I've had too many tight roll issues with Lonsdales in the past.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Hot_Sauce said:
Nice review, I've been kind of curious about these but never broke down to buy any as I've had too many tight roll issues with Lonsdales in the past.
I got this smoke from Tubaman so I don't know if they have plug issues as a whole. This was the first HU lonsdale I have smoked. The one I smoked was on the tight side but it wasn't bad.

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
FPDoc77 said:
I got this smoke from Tubaman so I don't know if they have plug issues as a whole. This was the first HU lonsdale I have smoked. The one I smoked was on the tight size but it wasn't bad.
The cigars from that box have been erratic. Some with a bit of tightness, others ok. Some flavorful, some dull. I think these would do well with several more years aging for the flavors to emerge. I have found the Lonsdales in particular to have a blandness that actually goes away eventually.