What's new

Habanos Torres, Corona

MithShrike

Yerba mate for life.
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My friend handed this stick to me and I must say I lurved it. All leaves used in construction were 15 years old. It was a nice medium cigar with tons of flavor.

4 5/8" x 42
Filler: Nicaragua and Honduras
Binder: Ecuador
Wrapper: Natural Sumatra

The cigar was wrapped with that natural Sumatra. Had an greenish hue to it and was almost ugly. The pre-light aroma was was somewhat spicy. I punched it and checked the pre-light draw. Very easy draw. Pre-light flavor was somewhat spicy.

I lit the sucker up and was awarded with a nice spicy beginning. The cigar produced a good deal of smoke for being such a small ring gauge. The first third was somewhat sweet, I tasted cedar and some pepper. The second third kept the cedar and pepper but lost much of the sweetness although I did taste some nuts. The last third the spice started to dominate the flavor profile and I let it go out with about 3/4" left. As always, the aged leaves provide an incredibly smooth smoke.

I'm going to stop giving numerical values because my friend's product always pleases me. Anyway, I think this is an incredible cigar and I far preferred it over the Don Pepin Garcia Black Label 1952 Perla I smoked a little while ago.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
My friend handed this stick to me and I must say I lurved it. All leaves used in construction were 15 years old. It was a nice medium cigar with tons of flavor.

4 5/8" x 42
Filler: Nicaragua and Honduras
Binder: Ecuador
Wrapper: Natural Sumatra

The cigar was wrapped with that natural Sumatra. Had an greenish hue to it and was almost ugly. The pre-light aroma was was somewhat spicy. I punched it and checked the pre-light draw. Very easy draw. Pre-light flavor was somewhat spicy.

I lit the sucker up and was awarded with a nice spicy beginning. The cigar produced a good deal of smoke for being such a small ring gauge. The first third was somewhat sweet, I tasted cedar and some pepper. The second third kept the cedar and pepper but lost much of the sweetness although I did taste some nuts. The last third the spice started to dominate the flavor profile and I let it go out with about 3/4" left. As always, the aged leaves provide an incredibly smooth smoke.

I'm going to stop giving numerical values because my friend's product always pleases me. Anyway, I think this is an incredible cigar and I far preferred it over the Don Pepin Garcia Black Label 1952 Perla I smoked a little while ago.
This is the guy on Southern in Mesa?

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Nice review....but...but.....Lew Rothman says there's no such thing as aged tobacco because it was all used up in the boom!?!

Tee-hee!

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Missed him last trip. Saw the store but didnt make it in. I will definitely stop next trip.

MithShrike

Yerba mate for life.
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Smoked the same blend but using eight year leaves today. Still very tasty. Since I'm used to the older leaves I can tell the difference between the fifteen and the eight.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Smoked the same blend but using eight year leaves today. Still very tasty. Since I'm used to the older leaves I can tell the difference between the fifteen and the eight.
I will definitely give these atry.

MithShrike

Yerba mate for life.
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
these some sort of custom blend for a shop????????
The shop is owned and operated by a 5th generation blender/roller. He blends and rolls every cigar in the shop. He uses aged leaves but the cigars themselves are fresh. The youngest leaves he uses are eight years old.

MithShrike

Yerba mate for life.
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice review....but...but.....Lew Rothman says there's no such thing as aged tobacco because it was all used up in the boom!?!

Tee-hee!
Tim's family grows tobacco. In his family he's the only one that only uses aged leaves. I asked him about the lack of aged leaves. He said that if he were to try and get the massive production that many of the cigar companies achieve, he would have to use younger leaves which he doesn't want to do.