What's new

Haier 18 count humidor

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is no humidity generated at all by a wine cooler. A cork will become dry if the bottle sits upright. Laying the bottle on it's side will provide more than enough moisture to prevent the cork form drying out.

Infact, if one where to use a cooler that is not Thermo-Electric, the condenser will actually de-humidify the surrounding air. Much like a refrigerator.
Well I was misinformed then, because I was told that Thermo-Electric wine coolers keep the humidty 70% as wine is required to at between 50-75% humidity to prevent corks from drying (that from a wine storage website). So if you have to use some sort of method for adding humidity anyway, why bother with wine coolers for storage?

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Well I was misinformed then, because I was told that Thermo-Electric wine coolers keep the humidty 70% as wine is required to at between 50-75% humidity to prevent corks from drying (that from a wine storage website). So if you have to use some sort of method for adding humidity anyway, why bother with wine coolers for storage?
1st off large, relativley attractive storage. but mostly for those of us who do run the AC during the day when the house is empty it keeps the smokes cool. You do not want to store cigars in 85 degree heat. Anything over 75-80 degrees begins to open you up for mold as well as allowing the beetle eggs in your cigars to hatch and feast on your smokes.

SuperKrishna

Guyanese Member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I have a Haier 150 can beverage center. I don't run the compressor, just use it for sealed storage. All of these fit inside it. I charged 2lbs of beads 10 months ago, and it's been holding steady ever since with no recharge needed.

Attachments

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been running the Haier 18 since the middle of May. No probs yet. I'm the guy that sent Chuck at Chasden the measurements for the unit, and hope to have my trays from him in the next week. Right now, I have between 275 and 300 sticks in it, 1 lb of HF beads, and 7 HF bead tubes (one for each of the drawers I ordered from Chasden). As a guy that had a run in with beetles a couple of years ago, I couldn't be happier with this set up.