What's new

Ham Radio?.....

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
If I wanted to get my license I guess I would just get the ARRL practice book or whatever it is? And then get a handheld radio or somethin? I wonder if I hit up a repeater in the area if we could have a ham herf.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Joshua, Let's do the Ham Herf...
as for the Fried,
KJ5BF USA
Previously: N5EZJ
BRYAN M CRUCE
550 EN 23RD
ABILENE TX 79601
USA

You can look up a Call on QRZ.COM, heck you can find me there...

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Joshua, Let's do the Ham Herf...
as for the Fried,
KJ5BF USA
Previously: N5EZJ
BRYAN M CRUCE
550 EN 23RD
ABILENE TX 79601
USA

You can look up a Call on QRZ.COM, heck you can find me there...
Yeah I looked you up when I first realized your name on here was a callsign and saw your ham rig etc.

Guess I gotta start studyin at work when it gets slow. Don't even need to know morse code for the basic license anymore.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Get your license, you'll love it!... Great Hobby and you meet good folk. I have been licensed for going on 20 years now and have been active the entire time. You might look at www.findu.com also, this is my home station running a APRS Station.. Had A Torano tonight, and I'm Happy all over again! Going to fire the radio and amp up and work some Europe and Far East Stations tonight.. Get your Ticket, and join in!..

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Not CB, Ham radio. They can talk to people internationally in some cases and situations. This was the hobby at one time. You would collect names of contacts. Its hard to understand the draw today with our phone system and cell phone system and internet in place. It was a back channel form of communication.