What's new

Happy New Year!

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Hey y'all! As I doubt I'll have much free time this evening, I figured I would take a little while right now to reflect upon the events of this year as it comes to a close.

Been a hell of a year with a lot of things happening. I'm sure many of you experienced similar. If there is one thing I can try to impress upon anyone, that would be to never underestimate the impact that you can have upon the lives of others, and they upon yours. This is a cold and lonely world that we live in nowadays for so many reasons. Any warmth is often provided only by the people with whom we share the journey, be it for a few steps, a single mile, or the whole damn thing. Little things to us might mean more than we know to someone else, and vice versa. They might just end up being that little bit of light in a life that so desperately needs it. So try to make your interactions with others meaningful, sincere, and heartfelt because the impact they have may well resonate in that person's life for longer than you can imagine.

So I raise my glass in gratitude for everyone who has played a role in my life and been that light for me this year. I pray I have also enriched theirs in some way. Happy New Year, y'all!

As Forrest would say: that's all I have to say about that. :D

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey y'all! As I doubt I'll have much free time this evening, I figured I would take a little while right now to reflect upon the events of this year as it comes to a close.

Been a hell of a year with a lot of things happening. I'm sure many of you experienced similar. If there is one thing I can try to impress upon anyone, that would be to never underestimate the impact that you can have upon the lives of others, and they upon yours. This is a cold and lonely world that we live in nowadays for so many reasons. Any warmth is often provided only by the people with whom we share the journey, be it for a few steps, a single mile, or the whole damn thing. Little things to us might mean more than we know to someone else, and vice versa. They might just end up being that little bit of light in a life that so desperately needs it. So try to make your interactions with others meaningful, sincere, and heartfelt because the impact they have may well resonate in that person's life for longer than you can imagine.

So I raise my glass in gratitude for everyone who has played a role in my life and been that light for me this year. I pray I have also enriched theirs in some way. Happy New Year, y'all!

As Forrest would say: that's all I have to say about that. :D

View attachment 167727

View attachment 167728
Happy new year brother! I’ll probably be having the same stick and a glass of glenfiddich 12 later tonight myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Veteran's Home of Wyoming, Buffalo, Wyoming
Happy New Year to everyone.

I completely agree with the sentiment of the op, and am grateful to all my brothers here at the veterans home who have helped me out and just treating me as a true brother disabled Veteran, even though 90% are Army and Marine Vietnam combat veterans, and while I served during 2 wars myself, I was in the navy fixing electronics in aircraft weapons systems and not a combat Veteran like them.

Likely won't be having another smoke today after the one I'm having now, as its supposed to be -2 degrees by 5pm here, and I certainly won't be staying up until midnight either.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Happy New Year to everyone.

I completely agree with the sentiment of the op, and am grateful to all my brothers here at the veterans home who have helped me out and just treating me as a true brother disabled Veteran, even though 90% are Army and Marine Vietnam combat veterans, and while I served during 2 wars myself, I was in the navy fixing electronics in aircraft weapons systems and not a combat Veteran like them.

Likely won't be having another smoke today after the one I'm having now, as its supposed to be -2 degrees by 5pm here, and I certainly won't be staying up until midnight either.

Right on man! Grandpa was Navy during Korea...aircraft mechanic I believe.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Veteran's Home of Wyoming, Buffalo, Wyoming
Right on man! Grandpa was Navy during Korea...aircraft mechanic I believe.
Very nice.

You don't see too many Korean war veterans anymore as most have passed on, and the same is beginning with the Vietnam war veterans now.

We just lost one last night in fact.

We lose someone every 2 to 3 months here unfortunately.

They may be gone, but are certainly not forgotten, by all the other veterans.

They are still our brothers, even in the afterlife.

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Very nice.

You don't see too many Korean war veterans anymore as most have passed on, and the same is beginning with the Vietnam war veterans now.

We just lost one last night in fact.

We lose someone every 2 to 3 months here unfortunately.

They may be gone, but are certainly not forgotten, by all the other veterans.

They are still our brothers, even in the afterlife.

So true. He's been gone 20 years this month. Have a picture of him at 18 in his crackerjack hanging next to his flag and the rack of the one buck I've ever taken that was actually worth a damn. :D