What's new

Has anybody shipped wine?

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Looking for advice for a trip I am planning to Oregon.
Has anyone packed and shipped wine through either UPS, FEDEX or other carrier without declaring the contents as wine.

Probably looking at close to a case with the intention of having wineries that can, direct ship

Havanaaddict

Mr. Salomones
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Looking for advice for a trip I am planning to Oregon.
Has anyone packed and shipped wine through either UPS, FEDEX or other carrier without declaring the contents as wine.

Probably looking at close to a case with the intention of having wineries that can, direct ship
It's been awhile since I have shipped any wine or booze, but I have used them all UPS, FEDEX & USPS and I have never had a problem!
Make sure you pick up some wine shipping materials. Amazon has some of these Wine Bottle Protector Bag with Free Pump. Inflatable Air Columns Cushioning Safe Transportation of Glass Bottles While Traveling (Not sure if your flying these bags are great for using in your luggage)

But to be on the safe side I would have the wineries ship if they can!

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
If it's really good stuff though, I'd be concerned with it cooking in the back of a truck at this time of year.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Good points guys, I'd probably make the trip in either early spring or fall, depending on things like whale watching and fall foliage.

Driving is so tempting if I can do 5000+ miles with 3+ weeks to enjoy the trip