What's new

Has anyone ever interviewed with Google?

Mr.Draned

The Grey Rooster
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Last month I earned my Project Management Professional (PMP) certification and updated this on my LinkedIn profile, as well as Indeed.
I was contacted by a recruiter last week who requested an interview to discuss roles with Google.
Now, I know this is an initial phone screening. I also know that about 5% of applicants get a call and that less than 1% of those candidates land a project or product management role.
However, if you know me, you know I’ve had some incredible odds in my favor at times, and that I am an intelligent, outside the box thinker with a successful background across several industries.
In order to be the most prepared, I want to cover my bases and see if anyone here has ever interviewed for a role with Google, or works for Google, and can offer some insight.
If not, thanks for reading!

Mr.Draned

The Grey Rooster
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
The phone interview was great.
A lot of questions about my experience before explaining the role.
It is for a Technical Product Manager position, and the recruiter liked that I have Oracle ERP experience.
He said he’s recommending me foe the next step; a technical phone interview with a Google product manager.
In order to be prepared, I purchased 2 books:

Decode and Conquer - an interview prep book for product management

Swipe to Unlock - a book about current and emerging tech and it’s use/impact/how it works.

Time to retreat to the upstairs office and start studying!

If anyone here is a product manager, let me know if I can message you with a few questions!

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
Not necessarily tech related but I was a product manager at a major industrial distributor for about 6 years.

Feel free to shoot me a message with any questions you may have.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I can't say I've interviewed with Google specifically, I have had my share of interviews with some big companies in the marketing project management field. The key, in my experience, is to highlight your unique strengths and experiences during the interview. Emphasize how your outside-the-box thinking and diverse background can add value to their team. As for marketing task management, be ready to share examples of how you've effectively managed marketing projects in the past. Google might be interested in hearing about specific challenges you've overcome and the strategies you used to succeed.

Last edited: