206   0   0
Size: 5.6" x 46
Shape: Corona Gorda
Wrapper: Cuba
Binder: Cuba
Filler: Cuba
Age / Box code: N/A
Price: around $8

Found this cigar in the bottom of my tupperdor and decided to torch it after lunch today. It's been in there for at least 8 months - maybe more. I'm unsure of the age, but suspect it's probably 2-4 years old as the band is still somewhat secure.

Prelight: Wrapper is a medium tan color with small veins and a light sheen. Overall it feels very firm with aromas of mild tobacco, hay and slight barnyard. Nice triple cap yielded to the punch easily and the draw resistance was moderate.

First 1/3: Initial light found flavors of woody tobacco and a nice level of spice (cinnamon, ginger, mild pepper). The spices died down after about an inch, but remaind in the background throughout the entire smoke. Burn was even, the draw had a perfect level of resistance and produced a good amount of white smoke. The ash was firm with a mottled gray color and easily held on for more than an inch. Body and strength are both mild-medium.

Second 1/3: The core of woody tobacco flavor continues but it's becoming nicely creamy. The mild spices are also there, but well in the background. To bring them out more I exhale through the nose every few draws. At the midway point I had to touch up the burn, but for the most part it's doing just fine. Draw is still good and the body + strength have creeped up just a touch toward the medium side of mild-medium. The aftertaste is very pleasant and is moderate in length.

Final 1/3: The smoking profile remains mostly the same, but a very enjoyable chocolate component is now very prominent on the aftertaste. Kind of like weak hot chocolate. Too bad it only showed up on the tail end. The cigar went out on its own with about 3/4" left. Up to the last the smoke was cool and smooth.

Overall a very good, relaxing smoke. This is definitely one to be enjoyed early in the day and accompanied by a lighter beverage. Anything stronger than water or mild coffee / tea would tend to overpower the flavors.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
My experience was very similar. Although, I seemed to have more burn issues. Not enough to ruin the experience but still kind of annoying.

I've heard from several different sources this one doesn't age well. Seeing how I have more than a couple of these in the humi I wonder how long I should/shouldn't let them rest?

Thanks for the review Tedski!!! I love reading reviews of cigars I've recently smoked to see if I can pick out flavors that others with more experienced palettes do.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like a great stick. I've had the pleasure of smocking a couple of Epi's and I can say w/o a doubt that if I could, I'd start the morning with one of these sticks daily.