What's new

HE - Lancero

dscl

BoM October '14
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
I'm pretty sure Willy and JD both told me that it's only going to be a one time production in limited quantity. I could be hallucinating though.

Rating - 100%
55   0   0
According to the article, regular release but more limited quantities, guess we shall see.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about let's get F%#*ing Kentucky Fired MUWAT out first and then they can dick around with another line extension.

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
I had saw this and my first thought was "Oh boy, just what DE needs! Another LR stick that they can never hope to match production to demand." Seriously though, I do understand that its not their fault that they make an in demand product that flies off shelves. I just wish there was more availability on HTF Unico stuff instead of more releases that I cant imagine help production goals on anything else.

Rating - 100%
53   0   0
I had asked Willie last May if they were going to do a Lancero and he said that he only was making sticks that he would smoke and that he wasn't a fan of Lanceros but may go in that direction at some point. He said that they may do a limited run so I guess its here!!! The HEs are one of my favorite smokes and I will be looking out for these for sure.

Rating - 100%
86   0   0
I had saw this and my first thought was "Oh boy, just what DE needs! Another LR stick that they can never hope to match production to demand." Seriously though, I do understand that its not their fault that they make an in demand product that flies off shelves. I just wish there was more availability on HTF Unico stuff instead of more releases that I cant imagine help production goals on anything else.
Good point. But it's a tough trade off. The Nica Rustica for example, I love these. But they take away from Unicos too. Maybe the Rarity of the Unico's helps our wallets too. I try to conserve mine but that only goes so far. I'd say I've smoked 7-8 boxes of UF-13's. And probably close to that on Papas Fritas. Every time I smoke a Nica Rustica it's one less Unico. That's another way to look at it!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How about let's get F%#*ing Kentucky Fired MUWAT out first and then they can dick around with another line extension.
Wasn't an Unico (can't remember witch) supposed to become regular production series before the KFC? But it got postponed to push KFC, but it's still not released.

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
Wasn't an Unico (can't remember witch) supposed to become regular production series before the KFC? But it got postponed to push KFC, but it's still not released.
If you're referring to the Velvet Rat, then no that was never the plan. There is no release schedule, nor has there been one for that. Two Unicos have been released this year - the UF-13 which did get a summer release before the KFC and the UF-4 saw a limited release as a store exclusive.

Rating - 100%
65   0   0
I had asked Willie last May if they were going to do a Lancero and he said that he only was making sticks that he would smoke and that he wasn't a fan of Lanceros but may go in that direction at some point. He said that they may do a limited run so I guess its here!!! The HEs are one of my favorite smokes and I will be looking out for these for sure.
He said the exact same thing to me. I then asked about an "a" size and he's like to gimicky for me :)

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I do like the Lanc but it seems like there can NOT be any type of breeze or that suckers going out. I had a Headley Grange Lanc the other day and there was a breeze of some sort in the B&M from the filtration system and I found myself doing a touch up a few times.

Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Yeah, if I'm reading the article correctly, they are not a limited edition. Just made in smaller quantities since the vitola isn't as popular.