What's new

Head to head review LFDC Grandiosos Vs Gran Cano

Rating - 100%
153   0   0
Per Justin's request I am posting a review:

Head to Head Review of the LFDC Grandiosos Asia Pacific and the Gran Cano Gran Bretana

Decided to smoke these on consecutive nights to see the difference.

Punch cut both samples and both are on the loose side. I’ve smoked quite a few of the AP release and all of them have been loose.

Cold draw on the AP is a faint honey and mostly muted.

Cold draw on the GC is muted dry wood

First Third:

AP: Short bread and Michigan Cherry.

GC: Burnt brown sugar and wood. It is a tad harsh on the initial draws

Second Third:

AP: Cherry really comes to the forefront, short bread dissipates

GC: Still brown sugar, a hint of citrus and the wood fades. It has smoothed out and also get some raisin.

Final Third:

AP: Cherry, no bread, wood

GC: Really hitting its stride full flavor of caramel and raisan

Final thoughts:

Both cigars burned excellent. You have to go a bit slow due to the loose draw. Clear winner in my opinion is the Grandiosos Asia Pacific. I wouldn’t buy a box of the Gran Cano. I have purchased quite a few boxes of the Grandiosos. Loose draw aside it’s an excellent cigar and suites my palette.

Mike

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Thanks for doing this review! I love the Grandiosos, and often debated on a box of GC. Considering the cost difference I think I'll stick with hunting the Grandiosos.

Rating - 100%
53   0   0
We have wicked similar interests in cigars and a common geography... why we haven't yet met up yet is baffling. Next AZ herf where folks are discussing the merits of Nicaragua, we should discuss the 2007 Cohiba epitaph over an Esplendido.

Rating - 100%
153   0   0
Thanks for the reviews Mike. Do you have the box dates on those two sticks?
I only had a single GC, no idea on the code. No idea on the code for the Grandiosos either. Went through a couple boxes of those already. Just checked the code on my other boxes which were from a different order and its ROL JUL 13.

Rating - 100%
153   0   0
We have wicked similar interests in cigars and a common geography... why we haven't yet met up yet is baffling. Next AZ herf where folks are discussing the merits of Nicaragua, we should discuss the 2007 Cohiba epitaph over an Esplendido.
Yes, let me know. I'm far West Valley and don't get out much, but can make something happen.