What's new

Headbangers reverse contest bonus

Irritech

Punch Super
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Sorry bangerman, it's taken me awile to get to this, but alas yesterday I got it done. As the thread title reads, this review is of a bonus cigar Headbanger sent with my winnings. He wanted me to review it with one of his review sheets which is a very cool way of reviewing I might add. So here goes it...

Overall Score is 90

Appearance and construction: 20 of 20

This estimated 4 1/4 x 43 cigar had a beautiful reddish brown wrapper that had an almost suede feel to it. There was a slight box press to it and the cap seemed to be the good 'ol triple. I immediately had a guess as to what this was because it was very similar, albeit smaller, to one of my favorite island smokes. More on that later.

Pre-lit draw: 9 of 10

Very nice pre light of leather and actually was a tad sweet on the toungue (sp?). A smidge tighter than I prefer, but nothing bad by any means.

Lighting and burning: 13 of 15

No complaints here except a tad uneven for just a bit. The ash held beautifly and was black and dark grey ribbons. I think I only ashed 3 times.

Flavor changes in profile: 26 of 30

Absolutely wonderful although it was a little young tasting. Beginning had predominantly leather and spice (pepper). Halfway through, the cigar changed directions and took on a nuttiness tone w/ sweet cream on the finish. Stayed this way (very pleasant) till the end w/ a little pepper coming back on last few puffs.

Overall finish: 8 of 10

Finish was med to long and was right on time...very nice.

Summary: 14 of 15

This was a wonderful smoke for what it was. Despite being so small, it still took me 1 hour to smoke. This was at least partly due to my taking time to review, but mostly contributed to superb construction. I would guess this to be a $4 to $5 smoke and at that price definately a bargain. I will surely be looking to get my hands on these.

Now with all that said I will guess that this was a Cuban. Actually I thought immediately it looked very similar to a RASS. After smoking, I'd be surprised if this wasn't a Ramon Allones Small Club Corona. I've never had one, but it was exactly what I would imagine one to be. Now watch Headbanger come tell me it was Nicuraguan. Anyway, thanks a bunch for the opportunity!! The review sheet is awesome. Now let me know where I can get more...LOL :robinhood