What's new

headlights?!?!

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Ok, for those who dont know i got a 94 ford ranger the other week, since i wrecked my explorer. Its in decent condition for its age except for some cosmetic issues. the headlights are alittle foggy too. i want to try to restore them. ive asked a guy in my class who works for a dealership and he tried to sell me some kit they have, i didnt take it ( he sounds like hes just trying to sell me something that probley stinks).so heres where i need help... has anybody ever restored their head lights??? Ive heard mosty using an extremely light sand paper and a plastic compound does the trick. so anybody got any tips pointers or advice on what to do and what to use?????? thanks for the help in advance!

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
advanced auto carries some stuff that works really well. I comes in a blue bottle. I used it on my ranger and it worked great. sorry but I have no idea of what the name of the stuff is.

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Great find Larry! I'm guessing the same principle can be applied to cleaning windshields? mine are some what foggy due to pollution and dust.. now if only I can figure out how to get rid of cobwebs.

Crypto Sailor

Loose Lips Sink Ships
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
Ok, for those who dont know i got a 94 ford ranger the other week, since i wrecked my explorer. Its in decent condition for its age except for some cosmetic issues. the headlights are alittle foggy too. i want to try to restore them. ive asked a guy in my class who works for a dealership and he tried to sell me some kit they have, i didnt take it ( he sounds like hes just trying to sell me something that probley stinks).so heres where i need help... has anybody ever restored their head lights??? Ive heard mosty using an extremely light sand paper and a plastic compound does the trick. so anybody got any tips pointers or advice on what to do and what to use?????? thanks for the help in advance!
Visit www.generation-edge.info and register it's totally dedicated to all things related to ford rangers...my screen name is the same as here.