What's new

Heartfelt Bead Odor

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
So I've noticed my HF beads have always had a little bit of an odor (chemical in nature) if you smell them up close but after recently recharging them and placing them in my wineador, I actually smell it when I open the door. It seems to have gotten worse. They are only about a year or year and a half old. Only distilled water. Just seems odd. I perhaps over saturated some recently. I would hate if they transferred anything to my sticks. Thoughts?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm curious to find out myself. I use them in my coolidor but, haven't noticed any smell from them unless I hold it right in from of my nose. Hope it has no ill effects on your stash.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I'm curious to find out myself. I use them in my coolidor but, haven't noticed any smell from them unless I hold it right in from of my nose. Hope it has no ill effects on your stash.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
I had notreally noticed a smell either unless I held it up to my nose prior but this time it seems to be permeating my whole storage unit

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
I have always liked HCM is better than Heartfelt because of that reason and others.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Huh. I haven't noticed any odor from mine. But then I can't say as I've actually sniffed them

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
It's probably absorbed the ammonia from some of the cigars. Same thing happened to me. I asked HF what can be done and they pretty much said SOL. So I threw out the 6+ pounds of HF beads and switched to HCM beads and plenty of Boveda packs.

driver

Attitude + Effort = Results
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Yep ammonia is most likely your culprit good luck getting the smell out. I rinsed dried, rinse dried and rinse dried again beads still smelled like ammonia. Started over with new beads seem to be doing better with this batch guess last batch absorbed most of the ammonia.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Yep same here mine smell pretty bad. I havnt replaced any just added more tubes across my humis over the past 2/3 years . What else can I use ?? I've also got 10 different sized bovedas that I recharge when they dry out how long do bovedas last for ? I'd say I've done 3/4 recharges

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
Yep same here mine smell pretty bad. I havnt replaced any just added more tubes across my humis over the past 2/3 years . What else can I use ?? I've also got 10 different sized bovedas that I recharge when they dry out how long do bovedas last for ? I'd say I've done 3/4 recharges

If you're careful, they last a while. You will know when they no longer work.

Just to get HCM if you feel like spending the money or kitty litter if you do not. If the smell bothers you, it's time to move on

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
If you're careful, they last a while. You will know when they no longer work.

Just to get HCM if you feel like spending the money or kitty litter if you do not. If the smell bothers you, it's time to move on
Yeh might be time for a change . Excuse the absentmindedness hcm ?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ended up buying a pound of 3Å (angstrom) molecular sieve pellets from a lab supply store online. A week or so in a Tupperware with a sponges soaked in distilled water did the trick. They have been rock steady easy peasy in my setup. Results are below (just excuse the first of the month while I fiddled with stuff):