What's new

Heartfelt Beads, Frequently Asked Questions

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
NJStone, why split between the two? I know common sense would seem to indicate you end up with an RH in the middle, but in reality wouldn't the 70 beads give off moisture until all the 65 % beads are saturated, then the only white beads would be of the 70% variety. I'm curious what Viper thinks.
Precisely. Pick one or the other.

Danilo

"The Target"
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
CWS, I've spent about an hour cruising his site the first time I saw it. I just can't buy anything online till the end of July. (probably be worth the wait)

GarlicBelch

John Martinez
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been using beads (from The Puck maker) in a mesh bag for a month now and I love them. They take a lot of space, which means less cigars, but having fresh cigars is very important.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Let me make sure I've got this correct.

For the 25 count desktop humi I have, I would need a .5 ounce of 65% beads to keep it at 65A% RH. But I can use either the 1 ounce disc or 1 ounce tube and it will still hold the 65% RH in the given space.

So I can have more beads than needed for the space and it will still keep the correct RH?

twenty5

BoM 11/09, 4/10 BoY '10
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
Let me make sure I've got this correct.

For the 25 count desktop humi I have, I would need a .5 ounce of 65% beads to keep it at 65A% RH. But I can use either the 1 ounce disc or 1 ounce tube and it will still hold the 65% RH in the given space.

So I can have more beads than needed for the space and it will still keep the correct RH?
Correct, the more beads, the better it will maintain the correct humidity esp if you do a lot of opening and closing. You could put a pound of beads in there and it will hold 65+/-

Viper139

The Bead Man
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Correct, the more beads, the better it will maintain the correct humidity esp if you do a lot of opening and closing. You could put a pound of beads in there and it will hold 65+/-
He is correct. The additional beads will not drive the rh up higher, they will maintain the 65% rh.

David

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
You can always get more now and hold the extra beads for the next storage device, you will need them. :devil:
He is correct. The additional beads will not drive the rh up higher, they will maintain the 65% rh.

David
Thanks Guys.

Now I'm on the fence on whether or not to get a larger humidor. I'm starting to think that the 25 five I have is small.

Rating - 98%
61   1   1
Does anyone know what would happen if you were to mix about a half pound of 70% beads with a pound of 65% beads?

Would they be trapped in some endless battle for preferred humidity? Would there be casualties?

I don't have to mix them, but I was at a loss when considering the possible result... I know it wouldn't be 68% humidity... or would it?

Thanks!

Viper139

The Bead Man
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
The 70% beads will maintain the rh at 70% and the 65% beads will absorb the moisture trying to bring the rh down. When the 70% beads finally dry out the rh will drop to 65% and stay there until the 65% beads dry out then the rh will start to drop.

David

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
I have a "MOIST-N-AIRE ORIGINAL HUMIDIFIER" in a cabinet that is a little less than 5 cubic ft....

Can I replace the distilled water in the "MOIST-N-AIRE ORIGINAL HUMIDIFIER"
with a pound of beads?

If I can would it hurt to run the "MOIST-N-AIRE ORIGINAL HUMIDIFIER" fan or would I need to?

Thanks,

Larry