What's new

Heartfelt Beads!!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally ordered some beads! No more crappy foam oasis headaches! At last, my humi will stay at a constant, and decent, humidity level. I am excited.

Crypto Sailor

Loose Lips Sink Ships
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
IMO you should of checked out HCM Beads, from what I've read and heard its a one and done deal. IIRC you don't have to deal with all the fine particles like you do with HF beads.

Red Raider

Wreck 'em Tech
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
How often are you guys having to recharge your HFbeads? I am in a really dry climate but it seems every copyle of days. Maybe I am just doing too often since the RH is not really dropping, but the beadsjust seem dry. I have 1a pound in a 48really qt coolidor. Thanks for the help

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
The RH around here has been around 5% lately -- extremely dry. If I didn't look at the beads and just went of RH, I'd still have to only recharge them once a month maybe.

Looking at them though, a majority of them are white, but the RH still stays pretty consistent. I use about 2-3 pounds in a 28 bottle vino.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Are the beads as good as Boveda? Do you use them as a cost effective alternative?
I find the Boveda packs are wonderful in a smaller enclosure like a traveldor, tupperware, or ziplock. In something like a larger humidor, I think beads are the way to go. The Bovedas would be kind of expensive in a larger humidor, since they run $3-4 a package and can't as easily be recharged.

Rating - 100%
160   0   0
I find the Boveda packs are wonderful in a smaller enclosure like a traveldor, tupperware, or ziplock. In something like a larger humidor, I think beads are the way to go. The Bovedas would be kind of expensive in a larger humidor, since they run $3-4 a package and can't as easily be recharged.
Agree. Another method would be to use gel humidifier with boveda. You'll find that bovedas will last long time using this method

If you are in that dry a climate you'll probably be recharging more often.

Red Raider

Wreck 'em Tech
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Thanks. The RH has been steady so maybe I need to quit looking at the colt and just let them be. I was just trying to keep 75% or so clear. I wont mess with them for awhile and see how the humidity holds. Maybe I should just relax a little and let the beads do the work...

The RH around here has been around 5% lately -- extremely dry. If I didn't look at the beads and just went of RH, I'd still have to only recharge them once a month maybe.

Looking at them though, a majority of them are white, but the RH still stays pretty consistent. I use about 2-3 pounds in a 28 bottle vino.